From Deer Park Irish Pub’s facebook calendar:
Three Days of Lucky Charms at Deer Park Irish Pub
For the 16th year in a row, Deer Park Irish Pub will hold the world’s shortest St. Patrick’s Day Parade (The People’s Parade) as part of a three-day schedule – affectionately dubbed “Tony’s Triple Crown” of Irish tradition and amusement.
Patrons of Fort Wayne’s number one bar (according to the most recent Fort Wayne Monthly readers’ poll) will enjoy a wide variety of activities including Irish trivia for “Beer Bucks” and the tapping of the green keg on Friday night.
Saturday offers an afternoon of spring-like tailgating fun with cornhole, cards and other Irish games, keg toss practice and an evening of live music with Elle, the Remnant. The parade’s Grand Marshal will be selected at 9:30 p.m. from photos of local leprechauns submitted by fans through Facebook.
Sunday is highlighted with traditional corned beef sandwiches, a keg toss competition, the annual Shamrock Sprint race, a pet costume contest, and the People’s Parade! The local band, Scratch N Sniff, will perform into in the evening.
Admission Saturday and Sunday is free and family friendly.
Deer Park Irish Pub is located at 1530 Leesburg Road at the intersection of Spring Street across from the University of St. Francis.
Schedule of Events
Friday, March 15
- 7:30 PM – Tapping of the Keg
- 8 PM – St. Patrick’s and Irish Folklore / Music Trivia Contest with Dr. O’Burge for Beer Bucks. 4 sets of 10 questions. Door prize raffle at the end of each set of questions.
Saturday, March 16
- Noon – Irish Toasts at the Top of the Hour begins
- 1- 7 p.m. – Card club, keg toss practice, cornhole, and more
- 8 – 11p.m. – Elle the Remnant – Irish session; no cover charge
- 9:30 p.m. – Leprechaun contest winner announced, prize: will be parade’s Grand Marshal and win $25 beer bucks ; 2nd wins $10 Beer Bucks, 3rd wins a signature Deer Park T.
Sunday, March 17
- 9 a.m. – Green glazed doughnuts & Irish Lattes served
- Noon – Lunch service begins
- Pet costume contest, rescue animals from the SPCA , Irish music
- 2 p.m. – Men’s keg toss, Women’s keg toss (24 contestants; 12 men/12 women. Registration at Deer Park day of the event.)
- 3 p.m. – Shamrock sprint (contestants run the parade route)
- 3:15 – The People’s Parade
- 3:30-6:30 – Scratch N Sniff live music
Menu: 5-oz corned beef sandwich served on cracked rye with dill pickle & horseradish, classic chips, fresh coleslaw & shamrock biscuit cookie. $8.00.
Beverages on draught: Traditional green lager beer along with signature classics including Guinness Stout, Dublin’s Smithwicks Irish Ale and Magner’s apple cider.