- 15th Annual Fallen Firefighters Memorial tomorrow – 10/10/2015
- New IPFW Center of Excellence presents “Big Data and Business Analytics” conference
- NWS: Clouds will be on the decrease overnight with lows in the lower 40s
- USF hosting high school art workshop
- NWS: Clouds will begin to slowly thin this afternoon
- 3’s a charm: USF QB Nick Ferrer earns MSFA weekly award 3rd time
- Lower Huntington Road upgrade brings first trail connection to Waynedale
- NWS: Chance for showers this evening and overnight
- USF sophomore Spencer Cowherd earns NAIA defensive weekly award
- Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo regular season ends Sunday
FWPD: Fatal Motorcycle Crash, suspect vehicle description included
News release from the Fort Wayne Police Department:
Fatal Motorcycle Crash
Incident Date: 04/14/2013
Incident Time: 02:28 A.M.
Incident Location: Clay St. and E. Wayne St.
Victim: Adult Male / Deceased
On Sunday, April 14, 2013, at 2:28 A.M., the City of Fort Wayne Police Department responded to the intersection of Clay St. and E. Wayne St. on a report of an accident involving a motorcycle. Officers arrived on scene and found the motorcycle rider, an adult male, unconscious and unresponsive. Officers tried to find a pulse but were unable to.
Personnel with the Fort Wayne Fire Department and Three Rivers Ambulance Authority arrived and pronounced the male deceased
The initial investigation has revealed that a resident in the area heard the crash, looked out, and upon seeing the downed motorcycle, called 911. There were no other witnesses or persons on scene. Investigators believe that the motorcycle was traveling eastbound on E. Wayne St., and are treating this as a hit-skip accident. Evidence was found indicating that a large-frame Ford, possibly a truck or an SUV, was involved in the accident, but at this time it is unclear to what extent.
The motorcyclist was wearing a helmet, and there were no other reported injuries.
The intersection of Clay St. and E. Wayne St. remained closed to all traffic while the Fatal Alcohol Crash Team (F.A.C.T) investigated the crash and processed the scene. This incident remains under investigation by the City of Fort Wayne Police Department and the Allen County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office.
Update: Investigators are looking for a specific vehicle in connection with this fatal crash. Witness information and physical evidence lead investigators to believe we are looking for the following vehicle;
Vehicle Description: 1997-2003, Eddie Bauer Edition, Ford Expedition
Color: Teal (upper half) over Tan (lower half )
Damage: Front Passenger Side headlight area; possible damage to the passenger side
Last Seen: East bound on E. Wayne Street
We do not have any suspect information at this time.
Anyone with information about this vehicle is asked to contact the Fort Wayne Police Department Hit/Skip Division at (260) 427-1373 or the Police Desk at (260) 427-1222.
Assisting Agencies: City of Fort Wayne Fire Department, Three Rivers Ambulance Authority