- Allen County road closure update
- The Phil to perform second annual Patriotic Pops at Parkview Field
- S.R. 101 scheduled for resurface on Monday, July 6th
- TinCaps ReCap: Kelly Leads TinCaps to Series Victory
- NWS: Partly cloudy skies Wednesday night
- 2015 Lutheran Health Network Three Rivers Festival Parade alters course
- Celebrate Independence Day at the Chief Richardville House
- I&M Outage Update
- I&M performs aerial saw tree trimming
- Marlon Wardlow joins Board at the Boys & Girls Clubs of Fort Wayne
“Revealing Our Rivers” initiative postponed until May 4th
News release from Friends of the Parks of Allen County and Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation:
“Revealing Our Rivers” Initiative POSTPONED until May 4
Call for volunteers to help clean key river sites
(April 18, 2013) – Due to high water conditions, the “Revealing Our Rivers” Initiative scheduled for Saturday, April 20 will be held on Saturday, May 4, 8 am – noon.
The Friends of the Parks of Allen County invite community volunteers to do something great and reveal the beauty of our downtown rivers. Volunteers, age 18 or older, who would like to help clean up trees, invasive species, trash and debris left on the riverbanks are invited to register with Robin Holley ator 260-417-3804. Each participant must sign a waiver which will be provided during registration. No experience is necessary. All participants are asked to wear sturdy shoes and to dress for the weather.
Registered volunteers should meet at the Headwaters Parking Lot (Southeast corner of the Harrison Street Bridge) at 8 am, Saturday, May 4. Volunteers are encouraged to bring small hand tools such as tree saws, bow saws or loppers/pruners to remove vegetation.
Cleaning locations include: Land in front of the Water Filtration Plant; Third Street Pump Station; Headwaters Park West; Harrison Street Bridge leading into Headwaters Park; Harrison Street Bridge heading east towards Historic Wells St. Bridge; East Bloomingdale Park; and West Central around the Main Street Bridge.
Tri-State Watershed Alliance, Fort Wayne Parks & Recreation, City of Fort Wayne Solid Waste Department and the Downtown Improvement District are partnering with The Friends of the Parks of Allen County in this initiative.