- NWS: Chance for showers this evening and overnight
- USF sophomore Spencer Cowherd earns NAIA defensive weekly award
- Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo regular season ends Sunday
- USF faculty among outstanding healthcare professionals
- Mad Anthonys Children’s Foundation donates $200,000 to Mad Anthonys Children’s Hope House
- Ayad Al-Shaibani sentenced in Food Stamp Case and ordered to pay $1,714,207.10 in restitution
- NWS: Rain showers tonight, but highs today in the mid to upper 70s
- Amplify Art: Crosswalk Murals
- The Illusionists – Live from Broadway – at the Embassy this Sunday
- IPFW professors bring the undead to life for ‘Soulless Science’ at Science Central
Stutzman to host “Academy Day” in Fort Wayne
News release from Congressman Marlin Stutzman (R-IN 3rd):
Stutzman to Host “Academy Day” in Fort Wayne
(April 18, 2013) – U.S. Congressman Marlin Stutzman today announced an “Academy Day” on Saturday, April 27. The day will provide students with an opportunity to learn about the application process for the U.S. Service Academies.
High school students interested in applying for nominations to the Air Force, Merchant Marine, West Point, Naval, and Coast Guard Academies are encouraged to attend.
Representatives from Congressman Stutzman’s office and the academies will speak with students and answer questions.
What: Military Academy Day
When: Saturday, April 27th
Sign in/registration from 9:30-10:00 am.
Presentation and Q&A from 10:00am- noon.
Where: Air National Guard Base
3005 Ferguson Road,
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46809
*Note: Attendees may enter the base via the security entrance just east of the airport. Security guidelines at the base will only admit participants who have submitted RSVPs by noon on Friday, April 26.*
Please direct questions and RSVPs to Kathie Green (or 260-424-3041).