- NWS: Updated weather status
- NWS: Flood Advisory in effect until May 27, 05:15 PM
- NWS: Scattered showers and thunderstorms to diminish tonight
- TinCaps came from behind to win in 14 innings
- NWS: Partly cloudy and not as cool
- IPFW Professor selected for Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program
- Public Works, keeps us moving
- Charles Seals of Fort Wayne sentenced
- Red Cross urges summer donations to prevent seasonal shortage
- Nichols honored with Barnabas Award for her servant heart
NAACP invites all concerned citizens to join in ‘Stop the Violence’ rally Saturday
News release from the Fort Wayne NAACP:
NAACP Fort Wayne/Allen County Branch 3049 invites all concerned citizens to join us in Stop the Violence
Stop the Funerals; Pick Up a Book, Not a Gun March and Rally on Saturday, April 27, 11:00 am – 3:00 pm at the corner of Pontiac and South Anthony
(April 18, 2013) – NAACP extends an invitation to the community-at-large, educators, students, social service organizations, elected officials, businesses, municipal stakeholders to attend the Stop the Violence, Stop the Funerals; Pick Up a Book, Not a Gun March and Rally on Saturday, April 27, 11:00 am – 3:00 pm at the corner of Pontiac and South Anthony. Bring your family, friends, co-workers, and neighbors. Make a stand for peace in our communities.
We have lost more than 700 citizens since 1980 due to senseless crime and gun violence and we will conduct a Memorial Roll Call during the Rally. We are asking family and friends of a loved one who was lost to violence to please contact us on the web at: www.fortwaynenaacp.org and/or text us on your cell phone at NAACP3049. Type in the message area: 62227 to provide your info and receive updates from your local NAACP Fort Wayne/Allen County Branch 3049.
Your voice matters. Your presence counts. Let’s stand together! We will gather at 11:00 am to acknowledge each and every life lost to violence. March will start promptly at 12:00 pm (noon). We will march to McKinnie and South Anthony.