- I&M announces Melita Reliability Enhancement Project in Fort Wayne
- NWS: Dry conditions and near normal temperatures rest of the week
- Budget review schedule for this month
- Final fall “County Night Out” October 15th in Hoagland
- 2015 Snapshot of Education in Northeast Indiana released
- Housing & Neighborhood Services plans available for review
- FWPD: Search Warrant Service, 2500 block of West State Court
- Journal Gazette: City Clerk Sandy Kennedy to resign
- NWS: A return to more seasonable fall temperatures this week
- Statement from the City of Fort Wayne on City Clerk Kennedy allegations
NAACP invites all concerned citizens to join in ‘Stop the Violence’ rally Saturday
News release from the Fort Wayne NAACP:
NAACP Fort Wayne/Allen County Branch 3049 invites all concerned citizens to join us in Stop the Violence
Stop the Funerals; Pick Up a Book, Not a Gun March and Rally on Saturday, April 27, 11:00 am – 3:00 pm at the corner of Pontiac and South Anthony
(April 18, 2013) – NAACP extends an invitation to the community-at-large, educators, students, social service organizations, elected officials, businesses, municipal stakeholders to attend the Stop the Violence, Stop the Funerals; Pick Up a Book, Not a Gun March and Rally on Saturday, April 27, 11:00 am – 3:00 pm at the corner of Pontiac and South Anthony. Bring your family, friends, co-workers, and neighbors. Make a stand for peace in our communities.
We have lost more than 700 citizens since 1980 due to senseless crime and gun violence and we will conduct a Memorial Roll Call during the Rally. We are asking family and friends of a loved one who was lost to violence to please contact us on the web at: www.fortwaynenaacp.org and/or text us on your cell phone at NAACP3049. Type in the message area: 62227 to provide your info and receive updates from your local NAACP Fort Wayne/Allen County Branch 3049.
Your voice matters. Your presence counts. Let’s stand together! We will gather at 11:00 am to acknowledge each and every life lost to violence. March will start promptly at 12:00 pm (noon). We will march to McKinnie and South Anthony.