- Mad Anthonys Children’s Foundation donates $200,000 to Mad Anthonys Children’s Hope House
- Ayad Al-Shaibani sentenced in Food Stamp Case and ordered to pay $1,714,207.10 in restitution
- NWS: Rain showers tonight, but highs today in the mid to upper 70s
- Amplify Art: Crosswalk Murals
- The Illusionists – Live from Broadway – at the Embassy this Sunday
- IPFW professors bring the undead to life for ‘Soulless Science’ at Science Central
- Residents’ desires for City Utilities Water complete
- Photos and video from Monday’s Parks news conference
- Council candidate Michelle Chambers announces city-wide jobs program
- NWS: Mostly clear skies tonight with patchy fog expected
Building a healthy community – 4/26/2013
News release from the Fort Wayne Urban League:
Building a Healthy Community
(April 24, 2013) – Please join the Urban League and other community partners for the third in a series of community meetings to address the urgent problem of gun violence in our community. The meeting will be held April 26 at 6 PM at Fellowship Missionary Church 2536 Tillman Road Fort Wayne IN 46816.
The goal of these meetings is to conduct a systemic community review in order to present community leaders with a comprehensive action plan. Task force teams will evaluate community data, conditions, existing programs and report out this week.
Even if you have not participated thus far you still have the opportunity to get involved and have significant impact on your community.
Please invite others. We continue to have citizens interested and concerned about our community demonstrated by more than 500 attendees for the first two conversations, it is important that we continue to move forward as a community to address our culture of violence.
“Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” Henry Ford