- TinCaps release 2016 Season Schedule
- I-469 scheduled for resurface between U.S. 30 and S.R. 37 on Saturday
- Clint Black concert cancelled
- Zoo Night at Parkview Field set for August 29th
- NWS: Partly cloudy today with highs in the lower to mid 70s
- FWPD: Drug Raid, 2206 Brown Street
- Final Lunch on the Plaza today!
- Kroger announces scholarship winner Ian Gatchell
- TinCaps ReCap: TinCaps break franchise record with 16th consecutive home win
- Study Connection kicks off 27th year
Eye and tissue donation impacts more than recipients at Lutheran Hospital
News release from Lutheran Hospital:
Eye and Tissue Donation Impacts More Than Recipients at Lutheran Hospital
Mother of teen donor to share her personal experience Friday
(April 18, 2013) – Each April, Lutheran Hospital’s donor council hosts an awareness drive to register organ, tissue and eye donors and to answer questions about the life-changing and lifesaving decision to give the gift of life. To illustrate why communicating this decision with loved ones is so important, Tonya Hobson, a Lutheran Hospital employee, shared her story about completing her teenage son’s wishes to become a donor. Hobson and others gathered for a brief ceremony last Friday, April 19, in Lutheran’s main lobby.
Hobson, a patient access registrar at Lutheran, lost her son five years ago in a tragic accident, but found solace through the lives saved from him being an organ donor. Hear from her directly how this experience has altered her life and those around her.
The Lutheran Hospital Donor Council is comprised of nurses, managers and representatives from multiple units hospital-wide, as well as representatives from the Indiana Organ Procurement Organization and Indiana Lion’s Eye Bank. The council meets monthly to discuss ongoing efforts and each year’s National Donate Life Month campaign. Efforts for 2013 include the symbolic linking of hands to support a cause that touches so many lives. Besides the usual donor registration drive, this year’s ceremony at Lutheran included a prayer, Hobson’s personal story and the joining of hands.
Webmaster’s Note: This news release was edited to reflect a late posting.