- Concordia’s JROTC team takes 4th in nation at academic bowl
- YWCA Northeast Indiana and Hope House join forces
- Vincent Village dedicates new home funded in part with City HUD dollars
- NWS: Partly cloudy skies tonight
- Street closures for Fourth of July fireworks event
- NWS: Cloud free for the most part with mild temperatures
- TinCaps homestand highlights: July 4-5 at Parkview Field
- TinCaps ReCap: Ernesto Montas and Colby Blueberg blanked Dayton, 1-0
- Ivy Tech Community College Northeast to host Ford and Mustang Show
- City of Fort Wayne – Reminder: City Ordinance prohibits possession of wildlife
Firm chosen for Youth Sports Community Assessment and Market Potential Study
News release from Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation:
Firm Chosen for Youth Sports Community Assessment and Market Potential Study
(April 30, 2013) – Mayor Tom Henry today announced that Aquarius Sports and Entertainment has been chosen to conduct a Youth Sports Community Assessment and Market Potential study for Fort Wayne as part of the Legacy Fort Wayne initiative.
Twelve proposals were submitted after a request for proposals was issued by the City of Fort Wayne on February 25th. Committee members from the City’s Parks & Recreation Department, Planning and Policy department, Visit Fort Wayne and community leaders reviewed the proposals and determined the top four firms. The contenders were interviewed and the final selection was made on April 26th.
The community assessment will include an inventory of all existing public and private sports facilities, an evaluation of community needs, and an analysis of current youth sports marketing efforts. The market potential aspect of the study will evaluate national and regional youth/prep sports trends and markets, as well as possible opportunities for Fort Wayne. It will also include recommendations for future sports facility needs and ways to expand existing sports marketing efforts.
It is anticipated that the Study will kick off in June once the contract has been approved by the Park Board and Common Council and be completed by the end of the year.
The Legacy Fort Wayne Fund was created by proceeds from the sale of the City Light Utility to Indiana Michigan Power and its funds are to be used to create transformational change in the community. Members of the Youth Sports Community Assessment and Market Potential Study Committee are: Al Moll, Sherese Fortriede, Dan O’Connell, Phil Houk, Debra Williams, Tom Didier, Mike Nutter, Perry Ehresman and Steve McDaniel.