- TinCaps came from behind to win in 14 innings
- NWS: Partly cloudy and not as cool
- IPFW Professor selected for Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program
- Public Works, keeps us moving
- Charles Seals of Fort Wayne sentenced
- Red Cross urges summer donations to prevent seasonal shortage
- Nichols honored with Barnabas Award for her servant heart
- The Grande Page Pipe Organ back on stage June 14
- Fort Wayne Sport Club Kickball Tournament supports Turnstone and TopSoccer
- Greater Fort Wayne Metro Chamber Alliance, Inc. holds annual meeting
Firm chosen for Youth Sports Community Assessment and Market Potential Study
News release from Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation:
Firm Chosen for Youth Sports Community Assessment and Market Potential Study
(April 30, 2013) – Mayor Tom Henry today announced that Aquarius Sports and Entertainment has been chosen to conduct a Youth Sports Community Assessment and Market Potential study for Fort Wayne as part of the Legacy Fort Wayne initiative.
Twelve proposals were submitted after a request for proposals was issued by the City of Fort Wayne on February 25th. Committee members from the City’s Parks & Recreation Department, Planning and Policy department, Visit Fort Wayne and community leaders reviewed the proposals and determined the top four firms. The contenders were interviewed and the final selection was made on April 26th.
The community assessment will include an inventory of all existing public and private sports facilities, an evaluation of community needs, and an analysis of current youth sports marketing efforts. The market potential aspect of the study will evaluate national and regional youth/prep sports trends and markets, as well as possible opportunities for Fort Wayne. It will also include recommendations for future sports facility needs and ways to expand existing sports marketing efforts.
It is anticipated that the Study will kick off in June once the contract has been approved by the Park Board and Common Council and be completed by the end of the year.
The Legacy Fort Wayne Fund was created by proceeds from the sale of the City Light Utility to Indiana Michigan Power and its funds are to be used to create transformational change in the community. Members of the Youth Sports Community Assessment and Market Potential Study Committee are: Al Moll, Sherese Fortriede, Dan O’Connell, Phil Houk, Debra Williams, Tom Didier, Mike Nutter, Perry Ehresman and Steve McDaniel.