- Residents of eight northwest Ohio counties now eligible for in-state tuition at IPFW
- Changes come to annual LeftFest Celebration – 8/13/2015
- Mayor Henry leads walk in Concordia Gardens neighborhood
- Allen County SPCA receives $5,000 grant to fund outreach from PetSmart, Inc.
- Pinky Swear at the Lunch on the Plaza concert series today
- Dan Wire to speak at Envision Fort Wayne Center today – 7/30/2015
- TinCaps ReCap: TinCaps turn pitchers’ duel into route
- NWS: Expect dry and mostly sunny weather through Saturday
- Allen County Fun Fair events – 7/30/2015
- Celebration of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 – 8/6/2015
TinCaps announce roster move: May 3rd
News release from the TinCaps:
TinCaps Announce Roster Move: May 3rd
(May 3, 2013) – The Fort Wayne TinCaps, in conjunction with the San Diego Padres, announced the following roster move on Friday:
Outfielder Mallex Smith has been placed on the disabled list. The move is retroactive to May 1.
Smith, 19, leads the TinCaps in stolen bases on the season with nine. The Tallahassee, Florida, native is batting .284 through his first 20 games of the season with one home run and six RBI. Smith has hit leadoff in every game he’s played, while splitting his time as an outfielder and designated hitter.
Fort Wayne’s roster is now at 24 active players, one below the Midwest League limit. An updated TinCaps roster is attached.