- TinCaps release 2016 Season Schedule
- I-469 scheduled for resurface between U.S. 30 and S.R. 37 on Saturday
- Clint Black concert cancelled
- Zoo Night at Parkview Field set for August 29th
- NWS: Partly cloudy today with highs in the lower to mid 70s
- FWPD: Drug Raid, 2206 Brown Street
- Final Lunch on the Plaza today!
- Kroger announces scholarship winner Ian Gatchell
- TinCaps ReCap: TinCaps break franchise record with 16th consecutive home win
- Study Connection kicks off 27th year
TinCaps announce roster move: May 3rd
News release from the TinCaps:
TinCaps Announce Roster Move: May 3rd
(May 3, 2013) – The Fort Wayne TinCaps, in conjunction with the San Diego Padres, announced the following roster move on Friday:
Outfielder Mallex Smith has been placed on the disabled list. The move is retroactive to May 1.
Smith, 19, leads the TinCaps in stolen bases on the season with nine. The Tallahassee, Florida, native is batting .284 through his first 20 games of the season with one home run and six RBI. Smith has hit leadoff in every game he’s played, while splitting his time as an outfielder and designated hitter.
Fort Wayne’s roster is now at 24 active players, one below the Midwest League limit. An updated TinCaps roster is attached.