- City of Fort Wayne to host first-ever Dragon Boat Races
- NWS: Updated weather status
- NWS: Flood Advisory in effect until May 27, 05:15 PM
- NWS: Scattered showers and thunderstorms to diminish tonight
- TinCaps came from behind to win in 14 innings
- NWS: Partly cloudy and not as cool
- IPFW Professor selected for Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program
- Public Works, keeps us moving
- Charles Seals of Fort Wayne sentenced
- Red Cross urges summer donations to prevent seasonal shortage
TinCaps announce roster move: May 3rd
News release from the TinCaps:
TinCaps Announce Roster Move: May 3rd
(May 3, 2013) – The Fort Wayne TinCaps, in conjunction with the San Diego Padres, announced the following roster move on Friday:
Outfielder Mallex Smith has been placed on the disabled list. The move is retroactive to May 1.
Smith, 19, leads the TinCaps in stolen bases on the season with nine. The Tallahassee, Florida, native is batting .284 through his first 20 games of the season with one home run and six RBI. Smith has hit leadoff in every game he’s played, while splitting his time as an outfielder and designated hitter.
Fort Wayne’s roster is now at 24 active players, one below the Midwest League limit. An updated TinCaps roster is attached.