- USF event to examine working with at-risk youth
- Brickworld returning to the Grand Wayne Center
- National honor focused on City Water Pollution Control Plant
- Community Foundation receives $500,000 grant for riverfront development project
- NWS: Fair weather continues tonight, lows in the mid 50s
- INDOT: Watch for deer on Indiana’s roadways
- USF announces “Jesus Christ Superstar” cast
- Mayor Henry commends community leaders who participated in neighborhood conference in Kentucky
- FWPD: Barricaded Subject, 1600 block of Fitchburg Place
- NWS: Pleasant weather through Thursday with mild temperatures
TinCaps announce roster move: May 3rd
News release from the TinCaps:
TinCaps Announce Roster Move: May 3rd
(May 3, 2013) – The Fort Wayne TinCaps, in conjunction with the San Diego Padres, announced the following roster move on Friday:
Outfielder Mallex Smith has been placed on the disabled list. The move is retroactive to May 1.
Smith, 19, leads the TinCaps in stolen bases on the season with nine. The Tallahassee, Florida, native is batting .284 through his first 20 games of the season with one home run and six RBI. Smith has hit leadoff in every game he’s played, while splitting his time as an outfielder and designated hitter.
Fort Wayne’s roster is now at 24 active players, one below the Midwest League limit. An updated TinCaps roster is attached.