- TinCaps homestand highlights: July 4-5 at Parkview Field
- TinCaps ReCap: Ernesto Montas and Colby Blueberg blanked Dayton, 1-0
- Ivy Tech Community College Northeast to host Ford and Mustang Show
- City of Fort Wayne – Reminder: City Ordinance prohibits possession of wildlife
- NWS: Independence Day forecast
- TekVenture announces open house to celebrate completion of phase II
- Laugh Out Your Pain Comedy Tour at the Embassy Theatre
- Four additional Blue Star Banners installed
- NWS: Mainly dry weekend
- TinCaps ReCap: Late rally defeats Dayton Dragons
TinCaps announce roster move: May 3rd
News release from the TinCaps:
TinCaps Announce Roster Move: May 3rd
(May 3, 2013) – The Fort Wayne TinCaps, in conjunction with the San Diego Padres, announced the following roster move on Friday:
Outfielder Mallex Smith has been placed on the disabled list. The move is retroactive to May 1.
Smith, 19, leads the TinCaps in stolen bases on the season with nine. The Tallahassee, Florida, native is batting .284 through his first 20 games of the season with one home run and six RBI. Smith has hit leadoff in every game he’s played, while splitting his time as an outfielder and designated hitter.
Fort Wayne’s roster is now at 24 active players, one below the Midwest League limit. An updated TinCaps roster is attached.