- FWCS Homeless Assistance Program kicks off school year
- I&M breaks ground on first solar generation facility
- The Mersey Beatles USA Debut Tour 2015 at the Embassy
- More than 250 students receive backpacks and school supplies from MDwise
- TinCaps Homestand Highlights: July 28-August 2 at Parkview Field
- Project Emerald Skyline panorama
- Riverfront progress continues: Mayor announces Request for Proposals to design promenade
- FWPD: Dollar General robbery suspect needs identified
- Deputy Chief of Fort Wayne Fire Department named
- NWS: Heat and humidity through midweek
TinCaps rained out in Burlington
News release from the TinCaps:
TinCaps Rained Out in Burlington
(May 3, 2013) Burlington, IA – The Fort Wayne TinCaps, scheduled to play a 7:30 EDT game tonight, have been rained out. Their game against the Burlington Bees, in which the TinCaps would have played for a three-game series sweep, will not be made up, as the two teams do not meet again during the regular season. Fort Wayne is the only team in the 16-team Midwest League that has not been rained out at home.
Fort Wayne now travels to Peoria, Illinois, to begin a three-game series Saturday evening against the Peoria Chiefs, the Midwest League affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals, with game time scheduled for 7:30 p.m. EDT. The TinCaps’ have yet to announce a starter, while the Chiefs will send righty Kurt Heyer to the mound.
The game can heard on The Fan 1380 and TheFanFortWayne.com.