- TinCaps came from behind to win in 14 innings
- NWS: Partly cloudy and not as cool
- IPFW Professor selected for Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program
- Public Works, keeps us moving
- Charles Seals of Fort Wayne sentenced
- Red Cross urges summer donations to prevent seasonal shortage
- Nichols honored with Barnabas Award for her servant heart
- The Grande Page Pipe Organ back on stage June 14
- Fort Wayne Sport Club Kickball Tournament supports Turnstone and TopSoccer
- Greater Fort Wayne Metro Chamber Alliance, Inc. holds annual meeting
TinCaps rained out in Burlington
News release from the TinCaps:
TinCaps Rained Out in Burlington
(May 3, 2013) Burlington, IA – The Fort Wayne TinCaps, scheduled to play a 7:30 EDT game tonight, have been rained out. Their game against the Burlington Bees, in which the TinCaps would have played for a three-game series sweep, will not be made up, as the two teams do not meet again during the regular season. Fort Wayne is the only team in the 16-team Midwest League that has not been rained out at home.
Fort Wayne now travels to Peoria, Illinois, to begin a three-game series Saturday evening against the Peoria Chiefs, the Midwest League affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals, with game time scheduled for 7:30 p.m. EDT. The TinCaps’ have yet to announce a starter, while the Chiefs will send righty Kurt Heyer to the mound.
The game can heard on The Fan 1380 and TheFanFortWayne.com.