- Donate blood with the Red Cross to support cancer patients and others needing blood
- NWS: Areas of fog possible tonight, lows in the 50s
- FWFD: House Fire, 1530 Edsall Avenue
- USF President signs support for Pope Francis Encyclical
- Damian Fleming, IPFW Medievalist, receives prestigious Mellon, NEH Awards for Research
- NWS: Dry conditions expected everywhere by the afternoon
- INDOT publishes Indiana Public Transit Annual Report
- Steve Gansey returns to Fort Wayne as Mad Ants Head Coach
- Animal Care & Control to hold 28th Annual Walk for Animals
- Stop the spread of a zombie apocalypse at Science Central’s upcoming adult-only event
TinCaps rained out in Burlington
News release from the TinCaps:
TinCaps Rained Out in Burlington
(May 3, 2013) Burlington, IA – The Fort Wayne TinCaps, scheduled to play a 7:30 EDT game tonight, have been rained out. Their game against the Burlington Bees, in which the TinCaps would have played for a three-game series sweep, will not be made up, as the two teams do not meet again during the regular season. Fort Wayne is the only team in the 16-team Midwest League that has not been rained out at home.
Fort Wayne now travels to Peoria, Illinois, to begin a three-game series Saturday evening against the Peoria Chiefs, the Midwest League affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals, with game time scheduled for 7:30 p.m. EDT. The TinCaps’ have yet to announce a starter, while the Chiefs will send righty Kurt Heyer to the mound.
The game can heard on The Fan 1380 and TheFanFortWayne.com.