- NWS: Expect decreasing clouds tonight
- NWS: Rain will continue through much of today
- Team chosen to lead engineering and design work for riverfront promenade
- NWS: Rain will slowly move into the area tonight with lows in the lower 50s
- FWFD: Building Fire, 2208 South Lafayette Street
- NWS: Thanksgiving will be cloudy, damp and much warmer than normal
- FWFD: Building Fire, 1336 Goshen Avenue
- County establishes employee recognition program
- Avfuel expands network with Fort Wayne Aero Center (KFWA)
- The Fort Wayne Philharmonic and Chorus present Messiah by Candlelight
TinCaps rained out in Burlington
News release from the TinCaps:
TinCaps Rained Out in Burlington
(May 3, 2013) Burlington, IA – The Fort Wayne TinCaps, scheduled to play a 7:30 EDT game tonight, have been rained out. Their game against the Burlington Bees, in which the TinCaps would have played for a three-game series sweep, will not be made up, as the two teams do not meet again during the regular season. Fort Wayne is the only team in the 16-team Midwest League that has not been rained out at home.
Fort Wayne now travels to Peoria, Illinois, to begin a three-game series Saturday evening against the Peoria Chiefs, the Midwest League affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals, with game time scheduled for 7:30 p.m. EDT. The TinCaps’ have yet to announce a starter, while the Chiefs will send righty Kurt Heyer to the mound.
The game can heard on The Fan 1380 and TheFanFortWayne.com.