- NWS: Updated weather status
- NWS: Flood Advisory in effect until May 27, 05:15 PM
- NWS: Scattered showers and thunderstorms to diminish tonight
- TinCaps came from behind to win in 14 innings
- NWS: Partly cloudy and not as cool
- IPFW Professor selected for Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program
- Public Works, keeps us moving
- Charles Seals of Fort Wayne sentenced
- Red Cross urges summer donations to prevent seasonal shortage
- Nichols honored with Barnabas Award for her servant heart
Adult remains recovered in St. Joseph River
News release from the Fort Wayne Police Department:
Adult Remains Recovered in St. Joseph River
Date/Time: May 5, 2013 / 10:50 AM
Location: St. Joseph River, 6401 St. Joe Road
Victim: Adult male; deceased.
(May 5, 2013) – On Tuesday, April 30, 2013, the Fort Wayne Police Department, in cooperation with the Fort Wayne Fire Department, and the Department of Natural Resources began to search the area of the St. Joseph River along 6401 St. Joe Road (Shoaff Park) in connection with a missing person investigation. This morning, the remains of an adult male were recovered by the Department of Natural Resources downstream from this area. At this time, it has not been confirmed that the remains found today are that of the missing person. Confirmation of the victim’s identity will be made by the Allen County Coroner who will also determine the cause and manner of death. At this time, foul play is not suspected.
This incident remains under investigation with the Department of Natural Resources, the Allen County Coroner, and the City of Fort Wayne Police Department. There is nothing further at this time.
Assisting Agencies: Three Rivers Ambulance Authority (TRAA)