- NWS: Warmer temperatures on the way
- Concordia’s JROTC team takes 4th in nation at academic bowl
- YWCA Northeast Indiana and Hope House join forces
- Vincent Village dedicates new home funded in part with City HUD dollars
- NWS: Partly cloudy skies tonight
- Street closures for Fourth of July fireworks event
- NWS: Cloud free for the most part with mild temperatures
- TinCaps homestand highlights: July 4-5 at Parkview Field
- TinCaps ReCap: Ernesto Montas and Colby Blueberg blanked Dayton, 1-0
- Ivy Tech Community College Northeast to host Ford and Mustang Show
Adult remains recovered in St. Joseph River
News release from the Fort Wayne Police Department:
Adult Remains Recovered in St. Joseph River
Date/Time: May 5, 2013 / 10:50 AM
Location: St. Joseph River, 6401 St. Joe Road
Victim: Adult male; deceased.
(May 5, 2013) – On Tuesday, April 30, 2013, the Fort Wayne Police Department, in cooperation with the Fort Wayne Fire Department, and the Department of Natural Resources began to search the area of the St. Joseph River along 6401 St. Joe Road (Shoaff Park) in connection with a missing person investigation. This morning, the remains of an adult male were recovered by the Department of Natural Resources downstream from this area. At this time, it has not been confirmed that the remains found today are that of the missing person. Confirmation of the victim’s identity will be made by the Allen County Coroner who will also determine the cause and manner of death. At this time, foul play is not suspected.
This incident remains under investigation with the Department of Natural Resources, the Allen County Coroner, and the City of Fort Wayne Police Department. There is nothing further at this time.
Assisting Agencies: Three Rivers Ambulance Authority (TRAA)