- Team chosen to lead engineering and design work for riverfront promenade
- NWS: Rain will slowly move into the area tonight with lows in the lower 50s
- FWFD: Building Fire, 2208 South Lafayette Street
- NWS: Thanksgiving will be cloudy, damp and much warmer than normal
- FWFD: Building Fire, 1336 Goshen Avenue
- County establishes employee recognition program
- Avfuel expands network with Fort Wayne Aero Center (KFWA)
- The Fort Wayne Philharmonic and Chorus present Messiah by Candlelight
- Citilink will not operate on Thanksgiving Day holiday
- Black Friday specials all week long at the Allen County SPCA
Adult remains recovered in St. Joseph River
News release from the Fort Wayne Police Department:
Adult Remains Recovered in St. Joseph River
Date/Time: May 5, 2013 / 10:50 AM
Location: St. Joseph River, 6401 St. Joe Road
Victim: Adult male; deceased.
(May 5, 2013) – On Tuesday, April 30, 2013, the Fort Wayne Police Department, in cooperation with the Fort Wayne Fire Department, and the Department of Natural Resources began to search the area of the St. Joseph River along 6401 St. Joe Road (Shoaff Park) in connection with a missing person investigation. This morning, the remains of an adult male were recovered by the Department of Natural Resources downstream from this area. At this time, it has not been confirmed that the remains found today are that of the missing person. Confirmation of the victim’s identity will be made by the Allen County Coroner who will also determine the cause and manner of death. At this time, foul play is not suspected.
This incident remains under investigation with the Department of Natural Resources, the Allen County Coroner, and the City of Fort Wayne Police Department. There is nothing further at this time.
Assisting Agencies: Three Rivers Ambulance Authority (TRAA)