- Jennifer Teege to speak at ACPL – 8/17/2015
- 25th annual Hispanic Chamber of Commerce’s Golf Outing Fundraiser – 8/7/2015
- Doggone Best Chili Challenge – 9/26/2015
- Indiana Regional Cities Initiative giant flag unveiling at Parkview Field
- The discipline behind essential oils for preventative health science tour
- Wells County Robotics Camp underway with a robotics challenge Friday
- Camp Canine grand opening/ribbon cutting
- NWS: Scattered showers and thunderstorms this afternoon
- History Center celebrates seven years of success
- Superior Court debuts employee communication system
Adult remains recovered in St. Joseph River
News release from the Fort Wayne Police Department:
Adult Remains Recovered in St. Joseph River
Date/Time: May 5, 2013 / 10:50 AM
Location: St. Joseph River, 6401 St. Joe Road
Victim: Adult male; deceased.
(May 5, 2013) – On Tuesday, April 30, 2013, the Fort Wayne Police Department, in cooperation with the Fort Wayne Fire Department, and the Department of Natural Resources began to search the area of the St. Joseph River along 6401 St. Joe Road (Shoaff Park) in connection with a missing person investigation. This morning, the remains of an adult male were recovered by the Department of Natural Resources downstream from this area. At this time, it has not been confirmed that the remains found today are that of the missing person. Confirmation of the victim’s identity will be made by the Allen County Coroner who will also determine the cause and manner of death. At this time, foul play is not suspected.
This incident remains under investigation with the Department of Natural Resources, the Allen County Coroner, and the City of Fort Wayne Police Department. There is nothing further at this time.
Assisting Agencies: Three Rivers Ambulance Authority (TRAA)