- TinCaps ReCap: TinCaps complete walk-off sweep
- Sixth-, ninth-grade students get ready for the new year
- NWS: Severe storms are possible tonight after 10 p.m.
- FWPD: Critical Shooting Investigation, 6000 block of Bunt Drive
- Asher welcomes new Media Coordinator, Yvonne Sly
- Group uncovers lack of developmental screening for Allen County kids
- Citilink points to accessible transportation services on 25th anniversary of ADA
- Regional Cities Initiative giant flag unveiled at Parkview Field
- Oat and wheat harvest in full swing
- FWPD: Critical Injury Crash, 3300 block of South Clinton Street
Senior Circle Expo 2013
Press release from Lutheran Health Network:
Lutheran Health Network Pairs Wellness and Fun at Senior Circle Expo 2013
(May 8, 2013) – Organized by Lutheran Health Network’s Senior Circle program the 13th annual Senior Circle Expo is scheduled to take place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday, May 17. The free event promotes healthy lifestyles specifically for adults age 50 and older with various activities, health screenings and educational opportunities that focus on health and wellness. A new venue this year, the Senior Expo will take place at IPFW Athletics Center, 2101 E. Coliseum Blvd. Attendees are encouraged to use the northwest entrance, closest to the Rhinehart Music Center.
Free health screenings available from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. include:
- bone density
- glucose (12-hour fast recommended)
- skin cancer
- sleep disorders
- stroke risk assessment
- foot care
- physical fitness
Total cholesterol screenings will also be available for $10 and fasting is not required.
- 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. vendor set-up/vendor parking, lot #13
- 8 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Lutheran Air arrives, lot #16
- 9 a.m. doors open
- 9:30 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. Steve Adair from Beers, Mallers, Backs & Salin presents: “Critical Point of Estate & Asset Preservation” (center court)
- 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Sandy Thomson presents: “There’s Life after Retirement!” (center court)
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch served (center court)
- Noon to 1 p.m. Lunch & Learn, “The Doctor’s In” (center court)
Q & A session with Lutheran Health Network Physicians representing issues involving cardiology, geriatrics, neurology and urology
A new lunch and learn panel discussion, moderated by Sandy Thomson, entitled “The Doctor is In,” will take place from noon to 1 p.m. Lunch is available at 11:30 a.m. for the first 300 attendees, courtesy of American Senior Communities.
Attendees are also invited to “test drive” a daVinci Surgical Robot and visit dozens of interactive and informational booths.
For more information or to become a Senior Circle member, call (260) 425-3087. Senior Circle information is also available online at www.LutheranHealth.net.
About Stephen ParkerStephen Parker is the blogmaster for AroundFortWayne.com. He believes that everyone should have access to information, interviews, and videos of events that are, "Straight from the source". When not blogging, he enjoys outdoor activities in his adopted home, Fort Wayne Indiana. He moved here in late 1989 and hasn't looked back.
TinCaps ReCap: TinCaps complete walk-off sweep
The TinCaps completed a walk-off sweep against the West Michigan...
Sixth-, ninth-grade students get ready for the new year
Students in Fort Wayne Community Schools will get a jump...
NWS: Severe storms are possible tonight after 10 p.m.
Severe storms are possible tonight after 10 p.m.
FWPD: Critical Shooting Investigation, 6000 block of Bunt Drive
Today at approximately 1:22 PM, the FWPD responded to the...
Asher welcomes new Media Coordinator, Yvonne Sly
Asher is pleased to announce that Yvonne Sly has joined...
Group uncovers lack of developmental screening for Allen County kids
A local group has been working through a disciplined process...
Citilink points to accessible transportation services on 25th anniversary of ADA
On the 25th anniversary of the ADA, Citilink commemorates the...