- Fort Wayne TinCaps homestand highlights April 24-30 at Parkview Field
- NWS: Freeze Warning again tonight
- NWS: Freeze Warning issued for tonight – 4/23/2015
- Warrants issued for two additional individuals involved in IHOP video
- Mayor Henry announces progress being made in City’s riverfront development efforts
- TinCaps wallop Lansing, 9-4, with season-high 19 hits
- NWS: Widespread frost (freeze?) tonight
- NWS: Freeze Warning in effect overnight
- NWS: Freeze Warning tonight
- NWS: Spectacular Sunday!
Senior Circle Expo 2013
Press release from Lutheran Health Network:
Lutheran Health Network Pairs Wellness and Fun at Senior Circle Expo 2013
(May 8, 2013) – Organized by Lutheran Health Network’s Senior Circle program the 13th annual Senior Circle Expo is scheduled to take place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday, May 17. The free event promotes healthy lifestyles specifically for adults age 50 and older with various activities, health screenings and educational opportunities that focus on health and wellness. A new venue this year, the Senior Expo will take place at IPFW Athletics Center, 2101 E. Coliseum Blvd. Attendees are encouraged to use the northwest entrance, closest to the Rhinehart Music Center.
Free health screenings available from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. include:
- bone density
- glucose (12-hour fast recommended)
- skin cancer
- sleep disorders
- stroke risk assessment
- foot care
- physical fitness
Total cholesterol screenings will also be available for $10 and fasting is not required.
- 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. vendor set-up/vendor parking, lot #13
- 8 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Lutheran Air arrives, lot #16
- 9 a.m. doors open
- 9:30 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. Steve Adair from Beers, Mallers, Backs & Salin presents: “Critical Point of Estate & Asset Preservation” (center court)
- 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Sandy Thomson presents: “There’s Life after Retirement!” (center court)
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch served (center court)
- Noon to 1 p.m. Lunch & Learn, “The Doctor’s In” (center court)
Q & A session with Lutheran Health Network Physicians representing issues involving cardiology, geriatrics, neurology and urology
A new lunch and learn panel discussion, moderated by Sandy Thomson, entitled “The Doctor is In,” will take place from noon to 1 p.m. Lunch is available at 11:30 a.m. for the first 300 attendees, courtesy of American Senior Communities.
Attendees are also invited to “test drive” a daVinci Surgical Robot and visit dozens of interactive and informational booths.
For more information or to become a Senior Circle member, call (260) 425-3087. Senior Circle information is also available online at www.LutheranHealth.net.