- The Fort Wayne Philharmonic and Chorus present Messiah by Candlelight
- Citilink will not operate on Thanksgiving Day holiday
- Black Friday specials all week long at the Allen County SPCA
- TinCaps: Opening Day tickets go on sale for holidays – today!
- Sculpting a Superior message
- NWS: Mostly sunny today with highs in the lower 50s
- State’s first Diverging Diamond receives engineering award
- FWPD: Critical Traffic Accident, Paulding and Hessen Cassel Roads
- Mad Ants to host Student ID Night at Friday’s game
- CLHS students Reese Breischaft and Collin Peterson, create JROTC app
TinCaps win, 6-2, sweep Great Lakes
News release from the TinCaps:
TinCaps Win, 6-2, Sweep Great Lakes
(May 10, 2013) – Fort Wayne starting pitcher Justin Hancock twirled a career-high seven innings Friday night, leading the TinCaps to a 6-2 victory over the Great Lakes Loons at Parkview Field. The win secured a three-game sweep over the Loons, improving Fort Wayne’s home record in 2013 to 13-3.
Hancock (2-0) struck out four and did not walk a batter, while scattering seven hits during his outing, which was also the longest of the season by a TinCaps pitcher. The Defiance, Ohio, native’s previous career-best was six innings of work, which he had equaled in his last two appearances.
Fort Wayne (19-13) notched runs in three of the first four innings, getting the scoring started with a Luis Tejada sacrifice fly in the first frame. Tejada, who was officially 1-for-2 at the plate, drove in a career-high-tying three runs. He and Alberth Martinez drove home runs in the third, and Maxx Tissenbaum used a sacrifice fly to score a run in the fourth, giving the TinCaps a 4-0 lead over Great Lakes (12-21) heading to the fifth inning.
Loons starter Carlos Frias (3-1), who entered the game with a Midwest League-best 0.91 ERA, surrendered three earned runs over his three innings of work. Arismendy Ozoria allowed one run in two innings, and Zachary Bird surrendered two more runs. The runs against Bird were scored in the seventh inning.
The sweep by the TinCaps was the second of the season at Parkview Field, as Fort Wayne had taken three straight from Lansing April 19-21. The TinCaps have now won six out of seven games against Great Lakes, which lost its eighth straight game Friday.
The TinCaps are next scheduled to play against the Dayton Dragons at Fifth Third Field Saturday night at 7:00 p.m. The scheduled starters are Zach Eflin for Fort Wayne and Drew Cisco for Dayton. The game can be heard on The Fan 1380 and TheFanFortWayne.com.