- Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership celebrates Regional Cities Initiative with TinCaps at Parkview Field
- Italian bingo benefit event to take place 7/31/2015
- IPFW Environmental Resources Center looks to future of Fort Wayne’s Riverfront
- Thousands to attend Women of Faith “Loved: The Farewell Tour” in Fort Wayne
- NWS: Chance for showers and thunderstorms today
- FWDC announces job posting for Part-time Graphic Designer
- Allen County Fun Fair events – 7/29/2015
- TinCaps ReCap: TinCaps return home and come-from-behind victory over Dayton Dragons
- YWCA Northeast Indiana celebrates 100 Good Men!
- Historic West Main Street Antique Show and Market, Saturday – 8/1/15
TinCaps win, 6-2, sweep Great Lakes
News release from the TinCaps:
TinCaps Win, 6-2, Sweep Great Lakes
(May 10, 2013) – Fort Wayne starting pitcher Justin Hancock twirled a career-high seven innings Friday night, leading the TinCaps to a 6-2 victory over the Great Lakes Loons at Parkview Field. The win secured a three-game sweep over the Loons, improving Fort Wayne’s home record in 2013 to 13-3.
Hancock (2-0) struck out four and did not walk a batter, while scattering seven hits during his outing, which was also the longest of the season by a TinCaps pitcher. The Defiance, Ohio, native’s previous career-best was six innings of work, which he had equaled in his last two appearances.
Fort Wayne (19-13) notched runs in three of the first four innings, getting the scoring started with a Luis Tejada sacrifice fly in the first frame. Tejada, who was officially 1-for-2 at the plate, drove in a career-high-tying three runs. He and Alberth Martinez drove home runs in the third, and Maxx Tissenbaum used a sacrifice fly to score a run in the fourth, giving the TinCaps a 4-0 lead over Great Lakes (12-21) heading to the fifth inning.
Loons starter Carlos Frias (3-1), who entered the game with a Midwest League-best 0.91 ERA, surrendered three earned runs over his three innings of work. Arismendy Ozoria allowed one run in two innings, and Zachary Bird surrendered two more runs. The runs against Bird were scored in the seventh inning.
The sweep by the TinCaps was the second of the season at Parkview Field, as Fort Wayne had taken three straight from Lansing April 19-21. The TinCaps have now won six out of seven games against Great Lakes, which lost its eighth straight game Friday.
The TinCaps are next scheduled to play against the Dayton Dragons at Fifth Third Field Saturday night at 7:00 p.m. The scheduled starters are Zach Eflin for Fort Wayne and Drew Cisco for Dayton. The game can be heard on The Fan 1380 and TheFanFortWayne.com.