- INDOT: Labor Day weekend travel planner
- Plassman Athletic Center at Turnstone community open house – 9/12/2015
- MedPro Group finalizes acquisition of PLICO
- NWS: Showers and thunderstorms possible tonight and this weekend
- Leading music technology retailer, Sweetwater Sound, expands again
- Fort Wayne Philharmonic names James W. Palermo as Managing Director
- USF bike to build to benefit Haitian orphans
- Stingray Bay opens today at the Zoo
- A new building for Hill’s Market
- There’s no shortage of fun at Auctions America’s Auburn Fall Collector Car Weekend
Fried flourishes in shutout win
News release from the TinCaps:
Fried Flourishes in Shutout Win
The TinCaps avenged a 3-2 loss to the Bowling Green Hot Rods the previous night with a 3-0 victory on Wednesday at Parkview Field. Fort Wayne starting pitcher Max Friend extended his scoreless innings streak to 14, as he threw six shutout frames. Meanwhile, Jeremy Baltz highlighted the TinCaps’ offense with a sixth-inning two-run home run for the game’s first runs.
The left-hander Fried (2-0, 2.35) limited Bowling Green (24-13) to four hits and only walked one batter. Fried struck out four to increase his season tally to a team-best 34. The Hot Rods’ best chance to score against the 19-year old came in the fifth inning when Leonardo Reginatto singled to center field with Ryan Dunn at second base and Patrick Leonard on at first. However, Fort Wayne (23-14) center fielder Alberth Martinez threw Dunn out at the plate for his fifth outfield assist of the year.
After Hot Rods starter starter Blake Snell (1-4, 3.16) held the TinCaps off the board through the first five innings, cleanup batter Gabriel Quintana bunted for a one-out single and then scored on Baltz’s homer. The left fielder’s blast made it 2-0 and cleared the Home Run Porch in left field. Two batters later right fielder Brian Adams drew a walk despite falling behind 0-2 in the count. Snell then exited the game in favor of reliever Marcus Jensen, who surrendered an RBI-double to catcher Rodney Daal that gave Fort Wayne a 3-0 lead.
Leonel Campos and Chris Nunn both picked up holds for the TinCaps as they pitched scoreless seventh and eighth innings, respectively. Roman Madrid preserved the shutout in the ninth with his seventh save.
The TinCaps and Hot Rods wrap up their three-game series at Parkview Field at 7:05 p.m. on Thursday. Justin Hancock (2-0, 1.59) is slated to start for Fort Wayne against Bowling Green’s Dylan Floro (3-0, 1.16). The game can be seen on XFINITY Channel 81 and heard on The Fan 1380 and TheFanFortWayne.com.