- Concordia’s JROTC team takes 4th in nation at academic bowl
- YWCA Northeast Indiana and Hope House join forces
- Vincent Village dedicates new home funded in part with City HUD dollars
- NWS: Partly cloudy skies tonight
- Street closures for Fourth of July fireworks event
- NWS: Cloud free for the most part with mild temperatures
- TinCaps homestand highlights: July 4-5 at Parkview Field
- TinCaps ReCap: Ernesto Montas and Colby Blueberg blanked Dayton, 1-0
- Ivy Tech Community College Northeast to host Ford and Mustang Show
- City of Fort Wayne – Reminder: City Ordinance prohibits possession of wildlife
The DID kicks off annual Lunch on the Square concert series
News release from the Downtown Improvement District:
The Downtown Improvement District kicks off annual Lunch on the Square concert series
(May 22, 2013) – The Downtown Improvement District is once again bringing the Lunch on the Square concert series to downtown Fort Wayne. Free weekly concerts will take place every Thursday in June, July and August from 11:30am – 1:00pm, excluding July 4th.
The annual concert series takes over the courtyard at One Summit Square (on the corner of Wayne and Calhoun Streets) with free live music for people to enjoy outside during their lunch hour. The weekly event kicks off on Thursday, June 6th with the music of the Solar Buskers at 11:30. Grab lunch to-go at one of the many downtown restaurants or food trucks and come celebrate the start of summer with the Downtown Improvement District!
- 6/6/2013 – Solar Buskers
- 6/13/2013 – Pop N’ Fresh
- 6/20/2013 – Honey Badger
- 6/27/2013 – Mike Conley
- 7/11/2013 – elle/the REMNANT
- 7/18/2013 – Fernando Tarango
- 7/25/2018 – Scratch N’ Sniff
- 8/1/2013 – Jug Huffers
- 8/8/2013 – Joe Justice
- 8/15/2013 – The J Taylors
- 8/22/2013 – Shade and Shannon
- 8/29/2013 – Back in Effect
Lunch on the Square is sponsored by Lutheran Health Network/St. Joseph Hospital, V102.9, Fort Wayne Metals, and Indiana Michigan Power.
For more information, visit www.downtownfortwayne.com.