- TinCaps Roster Move: August 4, 2015
- NWS: Mostly clear skies tonight
- LifeSpring Counseling Center awarded $48,000 grant from The Lutheran Foundation
- 2015 Play ball Cities for Play Ball Month
- Ivy Tech Northeast announces 2015 New Venture finalists
- Main break closes two lanes of Lafayette Street
- Donate blood through the Red Cross in final weeks of summer
- Rorick Road remains closed
- McMillen Park Pool closed
- Local government proposed budgets on web
Additional Allen County blood drives scheduled
News release from the American Red Cross:
Additional Allen County Blood Drives Scheduled
- Thursday, May 30, from 2 p.m. until 7 p.m. at the Grabill Missionary Church in the gymnasium, located at 13637 State St. in Grabill. Come to donate and receive a cooler tote bag! Please call 466-3213 to arrange transportation to this blood drive.
- Sunday, June 2, from noon until 4 p.m. at the Tilted Kilt during Customer Appreciation Week, located at 4541 Illinois Road in Fort Wayne. Come to donate and receive a coupon for a free appetizer courtesy of the Tilted Kilt.
How to Donate Blood
To schedule an appointment to donate please call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcross.org for more information. Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental permission in Indiana and Ohio), meet weight and height requirements (110 pounds or more, depending on their height) and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood. Please bring your Red Cross blood donor card or other form of positive ID when you come to donate.
About the American Red Cross
The Indiana-Ohio Blood Services Region serves northern and central Indiana and northwestern Ohio, and needs to collect about 500 units of blood a day to meet patient need in 60 hospitals. The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation’s blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit redcross.org.