- NWS: Expect decreasing clouds tonight
- NWS: Rain will continue through much of today
- Team chosen to lead engineering and design work for riverfront promenade
- NWS: Rain will slowly move into the area tonight with lows in the lower 50s
- FWFD: Building Fire, 2208 South Lafayette Street
- NWS: Thanksgiving will be cloudy, damp and much warmer than normal
- FWFD: Building Fire, 1336 Goshen Avenue
- County establishes employee recognition program
- Avfuel expands network with Fort Wayne Aero Center (KFWA)
- The Fort Wayne Philharmonic and Chorus present Messiah by Candlelight
6/3/2013 – Germanfest Activities
Today’s Germanfest events:
- 12:15 PM – Germanfest Organ Concert at the Plymouth Congregational Church, 501 W Berry St.
Maestro Robert Nance, organist, will perform organ masterpieces by renowned German composers for your listening pleasure.
- 5:00 PM – Köstritzerabend at Club Soda, 235 E Superior St.
Celebrate Köstritzer Schwarzbier Nacht at Club Soda. Thüringer Brats and Kostritzer Schwarzbier will be available for your enjoyment on the patio. The German Heritage Society will be your hosts for an evening of German food, music and fun. Free admission.
- 6:30 PM – Maßkrugstemmen Kontest at Club Soda, 235 E Superior St.
Join ROCK-104’s Doc West in this annual arm-to-the-wall contest pitting people against steins of beer. The winner is the person holding the extended stein of beer the longest, without spilling! Free admission.
- 7:00 PM – Sprechen Sie Duetsch? at the Fort Wayne Parks & Recreation Community Center, 233 W Main St.
Participate in a fun experience of basic German for tourists. Frau Marianne Klaffke will instruct you in such an enjoyable manner you will actually learn! Refreshments will be served. Try a little German, you will be glad you did! Free admission.
- 7:00 PM – Piano & Organ Recital, First Wayne Street UM Church, 300 E Wayne St
Enjoy this annual musical event sponsored by NIMTA, the Northeast Indiana Music Teachers Association. Admission is FREE!
Photos from previous Germanfests
Videos from previous Germanfests