6/8/2013 – Germanfest Activities
By Stephen Parker
on June 8, 2013
Today’s Germanfest events:
- 8:00 AM – Volksmarch (10K walk) at the Festival Plaza, Headwaters Park
- Begin between 8:00–11:00AM, finish by 2:00PM. Traverse a well-marked route through downtown, River greenway, and city neighborhoods. For info, call 260.925.5091. webpage
- 10:00 AM – 7th Annual FW Visionwalk at Headwaters Park
The Foundation Fighting Blindness holds a 5K walk; registration at 9AM. Join local dignitaries to raise critical research dollars. More info at 847.680.0100 or at www.visionwalk.org.
- 10:00 AM – 13th Annual German Bake Off! – Festival Plaza
Drop-off authentic German desserts by 11:30PM. Judging at 12 Noon; awards at 1:30PM. webpage
- 11:00 AM — 1:00 AM – Doors open at the Headwaters Park Festival Plaza
- 11:00 AM – Alpine Express on the Festival Pavilion Main Stage
- 11:00 AM – Familienfest (Family Fest) at the Festival Plaza
Bring the whole family for a fun-filled day at Germanfest 2013! Check out the new Familienfest Midway provided by Bob Mutton Party & Tent Rentals. More!
- 2:00 PM – National Wiener Dog Finals at Headwaters Park, Lower Level
Join Germanfest and 98.9 The Bear for the 19th Annual National Wiener Dog Finals as “hot dogs” race for the coveted title. Sponsored by Miller. webpage
- 2:00 PM – St. Louis German Cultural Society Volkstanzgruppe on the Festival Pavilion Main Stage
- 4:00 PM – Ode to Deutschland: A Musical Tribute at Bethany United Methodist, 7715 Sunny Lane, Fort Wayne
Featuring C. Alin Cass (tenor), Bryan Gibson (horn), and Judie Meulink (piano).
- 4:00 PM – St. Louis German Cultural Society Volkstanzgruppe on the Festival Pavilion Main Stage
- 4:30 PM – Spitzbuam St. Louis on the Festival Pavilion Main Stage
- 6:00 PM – Trauben Tromp (Grape Stomp) at Headwaters Park, Lower Level
The Grapes of Wrath returns as 9 teams compete to stomp the most grapes. More info here.
- 6:00 PM – St. Louis German Cultural Society Volkstanzgruppe on the Festival Pavilion Main Stage
- 7:00 PM – Polka Like a Star! on the Festival Pavilion Dance Floor
Learn to polka like the pros! American Styles Ballroom Dance Studio will teach couples how to polka, all participants have a chance to win trophies and prizes. Open to all! webpage
- 8:30 PM – St. Louis German Cultural Society Volkstanzgruppe on the Festival Pavilion Main Stage
- 9:00 PM – Jay Fox Band on the Festival Pavilion Main Stage
The official Germanfest website
Photos from previous Germanfests
2005 | 2006 | 2008 | 2009 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013
Videos from previous Germanfests
2006 | 2009 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013