- INDOT publishes Indiana Public Transit Annual Report
- Steve Gansey returns to Fort Wayne as Mad Ants Head Coach
- Animal Care & Control to hold 28th Annual Walk for Animals
- Stop the spread of a zombie apocalypse at Science Central’s upcoming adult-only event
- Remaining eastbound lane of I-469 lane to close overnight Sunday, October 4th
- USF rewarding artistic talent with scholarships on Talent Scholarship Day
- NWS: Occasional rain should end across our area tonight
- Rake time: Neighborhood leaf collection starts October 19th
- FWFD: House Fire, 2602 Mauldin Drive
- FWPD: Domestic Battery/Barricaded Suspect Investigation, 400 block of East Wayne Street
TinCaps homestand preview – June 20-25, 2013
News release from the TinCaps:
Fort Wayne TinCaps Homestand Preview – June 20-25, 2013
Game and Broadcast Schedule
- Thursday, June 20 – Fort Wayne TinCaps vs. South Bend Silver Hawks, 7:05 p.m.
- Friday, June 21 – Fort Wayne TinCaps vs. South Bend Silver Hawks, 7:05 p.m.
- Saturday, June 22 – Fort Wayne TinCaps vs. South Bend Silver Hawks, 7:05 p.m.
- Sunday, June 23 – Fort Wayne TinCaps vs. West Michigan Whitecaps, 5:05 p.m.
- Monday, June 24 – Fort Wayne TinCaps vs. West Michigan Whitecaps, 7:05 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 25 – Fort Wayne TinCaps vs. West Michigan Whitecaps, 12:05 p.m.
All games broadcast on The Fan 1380-AM (WKJG) and XFINITY Digital Cable Channel 81, with audio streamed online at TinCaps.com.
For Your Entertainment
Thursday, June 20
- Postgame Fireworks presented by Do It Best
- Giveaway: PHP Thundersticks
- Thirsty Thursday
- Postgame: Hidden Valley Ranch Sampling
- Community Organization of the Game: A Better Fort
Friday, June 21
- 70s Theme Night
- Postgame Fireworks
- Pregame Dance Entertainment in Amphitheatre
- Pregame: Pepsi Challenge (South Plaza)
- Community Organization of the Game: Center for Nonviolence
Saturday, June 22
- Postgame Fireworks presented by Aunt Millie’s
- Boy Scout Night
- Quick Change (Wolfpack Entertainment)
- Community Organization of the Game: League for the Blind and Disabled
Sunday, June 23
- Postgame Autographs
- Community Organization of the Game: Animal Care & Control Pet Adoption
Monday, June 24
- US Foods Family Feast Night
- Postgame Fireworks presented by Principal Financial
- Principal Financial Dreams Tour Theme Night
- Community Organization of the Game: Fort Wayne History Center
Tuesday, June 25
- Splash Day presented by U.S. Army Corp of Engineers
- Marathon Fill-Up Day
- Community Organization of the Game: Fort Wayne Fire Department
TinCaps On The Field
- The TinCaps finished the first half of the 2013 season 43-26 in second place in the Midwest League Eastern Division. In Fort Wayne’s 21-year history, it was the franchise’s second-best first half.
- Fort Wayne clinched the Eastern Division’s first-half wild card on Tuesday, June 11, to qualify for September’s playoffs. It’s the fifth straight season that the TinCaps have made the postseason.
- The TinCaps ended the first half of the season with wins in 18 of their final 22 games to have the most victories in all of minor league baseball from May 26-June 16.
- Starting pitcher Joe Ross, closer Roman Madrid, catcher Dane Phillips, and first baseman Luis Tejada are set to play in the Midwest League All-Star Game tonight in Dayton. Designated hitter Jeremy Baltz also made the team, but can’t compete due to injury.