- Photos and video from Riverworks Design Team announcement
- NWS: Rain will spread across the area late today and into tonight
- NWS: Quiet night with lows between 29 and 32
- Tech holds off Chippewas in Great Lakes Showcase
- Balanced attack leads Warriors past Wilberforce Bulldogs
- NWS: Expect decreasing clouds tonight
- Warriors handle Spartans in Michigan-Dearborn Great Lakes Showcase opener
- Mad Ants continue strong play at home taking down the Bakersfield Jam 113-108
- NWS: Rain will continue through much of today
- Team chosen to lead engineering and design work for riverfront promenade
Schedule addition for Saturday’s Buskerfest
News release from the Fort Wayne Downtown Improvement District:
4th Annual BuskerFest Features Local Street Performers
(June 20, 2013) – The performance schedule for BuskerFest has a slight change with the addition of Raq the Rivers belly dancers. The Downtown Improvement District is hosting the fourth annual festival featuring street performers on June 29, 2013. Admission is free.
Buskers are the highlight of BuskerFest. Professional buskers from T.A.G. Art will include stilt walkers, a juggling unicyclist, face painting, balloon, caricature artists, and mimes. Nationally-- known living statue, Mark Abbati of Joy Unspeakable, is back by popular demand and will be appearing throughout the festival.
Local Magician Jim Reams plans to attend. He is a comedy magician and entertainer and has been making audiences laugh for 20 yrs. His act is always clean and family friendly. Reams says his entertainment is always of the highest caliber and will bring smiles to peoples faces and fond memories of the event. Another local magician, Jerry Armstrong also plans to participate.
Davis Reid is a 19 year--old, pop--alternative, singer/songwriter from Northwest Ohio. With bright music and catchy melodies, he is in the process of recording his debut album “Remember” that will be released in the near future. He will be playing and singing recognizable songs on the ukulele and a few originals. Several other musicians have signed--up to participate including Solar Busker, Fernando Tarango and Jim Stealy of Nashville, TN (A.K.A. Steely James).
Other possible buskers include skilled hula hoopers, a singing unicyclist, silver robot and a drummer with an open drum circle. These random or unplanned performances will be scattered along sidewalks, in One Summit Square and on the lawn giving the audience a sampling of the originality, novelty and creativity in Fort Wayne’s artist community. The DID encourages patrons to tip buskers for their efforts.
BuskerFest is a celebration of the street performer and a festival of the unexpected, no performance is too quirky! Scheduled stage performances guarantee the audience a great line-up of unpredictable entertainment.
BuskerFest Stage Schedule:
- 4-4:10 River City Breakers – Spins, freezes, acrobatic moves and eye-pleasing rhythmic original choreography
- 4:10 Dumpster Drummers – Educational performance group making music out of trash
- 4:30 FW Summer Music Theatre – Songs and scenes from the upcoming play 9 to 5…the Musical
- 5:00 River City Breakers – Fort Wayne’s breakin’ crew
- 5:15 Jug Huffers – An old time, bluegrass, acoustic local folk band
- 6:00 The Circus of Learning – Juggling and more
- 6:30 Samuel TrueBeDOOR – Acoustic folk and soul with a distinctive beat
- 7:00 Beautiful Freakshow – Dancers, fire performers, acrobats, glass walkers & more
- 7:30 Raq the Rivers – The art and beauty of belly dance
- 8:00 Hope Arthur Orchestra – An eclectic mix of classical piano, quirky accordion and orchestra set this act apart
- 8:15 Pyroscope Entertainment – Fort Wayne’s first fire performance troupe create enticing illusions including a set to live music with Hope Arthur Orchestra
- 9:00 Wickersham Brothers – Americana JazzRock with Soulful Grooves that make you want to sing and dance like nobody’s watching
- 9:40 Pyrotechniq – Expert fire theatrical performers from Chicago with superb choreography executing a visually stunning kinetic fire performance
Fort Wayne Trails will sponsor a bike valet area for safe storage of bicycles. Jumby’s Joint and Bravas food trucks will serve food and JK O’Donnell’s will offer both food and beverages. Numerous restaurants around the Wayne and Calhoun area will also be open for BuskerFest.
This unique event is brought to you by the Downtown Improvement District and is held the Last Saturday of June in conjunction with Cultural District activities. Sponsors for BuskerFest include: JK O’Donnells/Fort Wayne Metals, Hanning & Bean, Summit City Electric, Adelsperger & Kleven Attorneys and WMEE radio.
In addition to BuskerFest, the DID is sponsoring Magic of Fort Wayne -- a free magic show at the downtown Allen County Public Library between 2 – 4 p.m. Magic of Fort Wayne features a meet and greet with Ronald McDonald, a magic show and a tribute to magician Dick Stoner and special performance by a local ventriloquist. After the show, guests are invited to parade down to BuskerFest for more fun. Children must be accompanied by a parent and seating is limited so guests are encouraged to sign--up on the DID website: www.DowntownFortWayne.com. of Fort Wayne is sponsored by the Allen County Public Library, Downtown Improvement District and McDonald’s.
For festival details visit: www.downtownfortwayne.com/BuskerFest.
DID EVENTS SUMMARY on June 29:
Magic of Fort Wayne
June 29, 2013; 2--4 p.m.
Allen County Public Library auditorium, on Wayne Street at 900 Library plaza.
The event is free but seating is limited. Sign up at http://downtownfortwayne.com/magic--of-- fort--wayne/
Meet Ronald McDonald, enjoy a magic show and a tribute to magician Dick Stoner, then parade down to BuskerFest for more fun.
4th Annual BuskerFest
June 29, 2013; 4 – 10 p.m., free admission
at Wayne & Calhoun Streets, downtown Fort Wayne.
Enjoy a celebration of the street performer and a festival of the unexpected, no performance is too quirky!