- NWS: Rain will spread across the area late today and into tonight
- NWS: Quiet night with lows between 29 and 32
- Tech holds off Chippewas in Great Lakes Showcase
- Balanced attack leads Warriors past Wilberforce Bulldogs
- NWS: Expect decreasing clouds tonight
- Warriors handle Spartans in Michigan-Dearborn Great Lakes Showcase opener
- Mad Ants continue strong play at home taking down the Bakersfield Jam 113-108
- NWS: Rain will continue through much of today
- Team chosen to lead engineering and design work for riverfront promenade
- NWS: Rain will slowly move into the area tonight with lows in the lower 50s
FWPD: Critical Injury Accident
News release from the Fort Wayne Police Department:
Critical Injury Accident
Incident Date: 06/30/2013
Incident Time: 2:58 PM
Incident Location: Illinois Road and Magnavox Way
Victims: Juvenile Female / Critical Condition, Adult Female / Stable Condition and an Adult Male / Stable Condition
On Sunday, 06/30/2013, at approximately 2:58 PM, the City of Fort Wayne Police Department responded to the intersection of Magnavox Way and Illinois Road reference a vehicle crash with injuries. Officers arrived on scene and discovered four vehicles were involved in the crash.
Preliminary reports indicate three of the vehicles were traveling eastbound on Illinois Road and were stopped for the traffic light at Magnavox Way. The fourth vehicle involved was traveling eastbound on Illinois Road, failed to stop for the traffic light, and rear ended the other three vehicles that were stopped for the traffic light.
Occupants in two of the vehicles involved did not receive any injuries as a result of the crash. Two occupants in one of the vehicles involved were transported to a local hospital by paramedics. The female/adult victim was transported by paramedics in stable condition and the female/juvenile victim (age ten) was transported by paramedics in serious condition. The juvenile’s condition was later downgraded to critical condition by a physician at the hospital. The male/adult driver that rear ended the vehicles had a complaint of pain and was transported by family members to a local hospital. It has not been determined if any of the victims were wearing seatbelts at the time of the crash. At this time, it does not appear alcohol was a contributing factor in the crash.
A portion of the eastbound lanes on Illinois Road were closed while the Fatal Alcohol Crash Team (F.A.C.T) investigated the crash and processed the scene. The lanes were reopened at approximately 6:48 PM. This incident remains under investigation by the City of Fort Wayne Police Department and the Allen County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office.
Assisting Agencies: City of Fort Wayne Fire Department and Three Rivers Ambulance Authority