- Dayne Bonta, photographer age 88, exhibiting photographs at FWMoA
- Lakeside students to learn about bike safety
- NWS: Hot and humid conditions continue
- TinCaps Grounds Crew wins sixth consecutive Midwest League award
- TinCaps ReCap: Fort Wayne drops second straight game at West Michigan
- INDOT: Labor Day weekend travel planner
- Plassman Athletic Center at Turnstone community open house – 9/12/2015
- MedPro Group finalizes acquisition of PLICO
- NWS: Showers and thunderstorms possible tonight and this weekend
- Leading music technology retailer, Sweetwater Sound, expands again
Silver Hawks top TinCaps in front of record crowd
News release from the TinCaps:
Silver Hawks Top TinCaps in Front of Record Crowd
(July 4, 2013) – In front of a record-setting crowd of 8,780 fans at Parkview Field on the Fourth of July, the TinCaps lost to the South Bend Silver Hawks, 6-0. Fort Wayne broke its previous attendance record of 8,643 set earlier this season on June 20.
TinCaps starting pitcher Max Fried (3-3) matched his career-high with eight strikeouts in five innings and allowed only one earned run, but ended up the losing pitcher. The first batter of the game, South Bend second baseman Fidel Pena, homered to give South Bend a 1-0 lead. That was all the offense the Silver Hawks would need behind starting pitcher Brandon Sinnery (5-4), who tossed the first nine-inning complete game of his minor league career.
Fort Wayne (3-11, 46-37) managed only six hits against Sinnery, as it was shut out for the third time in a week. Sinnery struck out eight without walking a batter. The TinCaps had only one runner reach scoring position in the game and never one past second base.
South Bend (10-5, 54-30) scored a second run off Fried in the top of the fifth thanks to a Rudy Flores single, two errors, and a sacrifice fly by Pena. The Silver Hawks added four insurance runs in the top of the ninth inning against TinCaps reliever Roman Madrid.
With the loss, Fort Wayne dropped to 1-11 against South Bend this season. The TinCaps have lost five in a row.
The TinCaps and Silver Hawks conclude their four-game series at Parkview Field on Friday night at 7:05. Matthew Shepherd is set to start for Fort Wayne against South Bend’s Jesse Darrah in a matchup of right-handers. The game can be heard on The Fan 1380 and TheFanFortWayne.com, and see on XFINITY Channel 81.