- Parks and Recreation Department announces promotions
- FWPD: Sting operation nets arrests
- Leadership Fort Wayne class launches “Operation: Riverfront”
- Riverfront activities tonight and Sunday
- FWPD: Report of gunshots, 3500 block of Gaywood Drive
- NWS: Partly cloudy today with highs in the mid to upper 70s
- FWPD: Drug sales and raid in Freimann Square
- TinCaps ReCap: Thomas Dorminy dominates Captains, home win streak continues
- TinCaps release 2016 Season Schedule
- I-469 scheduled for resurface between U.S. 30 and S.R. 37 on Saturday
2013 TRF Waiter & Waitress Contest – 7/15/2013
News release from Visit Fort Wayne:
2013 Waiter & Waitress Contest to Serve Excitement on July 15 at Headwaters Park
(July 12, 2013) – Several of Fort Wayne’s premier restaurants and their best waiters and waitresses take center stage at the Three Rivers Festival Waiter & Waitress Contest on Monday, July 15 at 11:30 a.m. The event will take place at the Headwaters Park Festival Plaza.
In front of a large, enthusiastic crowd, restaurants will compete in a three-person, relay-style race against the clock and a panel of judges. Waiters and waitresses will set, serve and bus a table full of judges in the quickest time without spills and miscues.
The restaurant with the fastest, cleanest and best overall service will be crowned the overall champion. The winning restaurant will also take home a cash prize, winner’s plaque, individual awards and promotional items.
Sponsored by Visit Fort Wayne, Sysco Systems and 98.9 The Bear, the 2012 champion – Hall’s Triangle Park – returns to defend its crown, along with over a dozen other restaurants.