- NWS: Updated weather status
- NWS: Flood Advisory in effect until May 27, 05:15 PM
- NWS: Scattered showers and thunderstorms to diminish tonight
- TinCaps came from behind to win in 14 innings
- NWS: Partly cloudy and not as cool
- IPFW Professor selected for Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program
- Public Works, keeps us moving
- Charles Seals of Fort Wayne sentenced
- Red Cross urges summer donations to prevent seasonal shortage
- Nichols honored with Barnabas Award for her servant heart
2013 TRF Waiter & Waitress Contest – 7/15/2013
News release from Visit Fort Wayne:
2013 Waiter & Waitress Contest to Serve Excitement on July 15 at Headwaters Park
(July 12, 2013) – Several of Fort Wayne’s premier restaurants and their best waiters and waitresses take center stage at the Three Rivers Festival Waiter & Waitress Contest on Monday, July 15 at 11:30 a.m. The event will take place at the Headwaters Park Festival Plaza.
In front of a large, enthusiastic crowd, restaurants will compete in a three-person, relay-style race against the clock and a panel of judges. Waiters and waitresses will set, serve and bus a table full of judges in the quickest time without spills and miscues.
The restaurant with the fastest, cleanest and best overall service will be crowned the overall champion. The winning restaurant will also take home a cash prize, winner’s plaque, individual awards and promotional items.
Sponsored by Visit Fort Wayne, Sysco Systems and 98.9 The Bear, the 2012 champion – Hall’s Triangle Park – returns to defend its crown, along with over a dozen other restaurants.