- Concordia’s JROTC team takes 4th in nation at academic bowl
- YWCA Northeast Indiana and Hope House join forces
- Vincent Village dedicates new home funded in part with City HUD dollars
- NWS: Partly cloudy skies tonight
- Street closures for Fourth of July fireworks event
- NWS: Cloud free for the most part with mild temperatures
- TinCaps homestand highlights: July 4-5 at Parkview Field
- TinCaps ReCap: Ernesto Montas and Colby Blueberg blanked Dayton, 1-0
- Ivy Tech Community College Northeast to host Ford and Mustang Show
- City of Fort Wayne – Reminder: City Ordinance prohibits possession of wildlife
Inaugural US Curling Arena Championship to drop rock in Fort Wayne
News release from Visit Fort Wayne:
Inaugural US Curling Arena Championship to Drop Rock in Fort Wayne
(July 17, 2013) – The first-ever 2013 United States Curling Association Arena Club National Championship will be held in Fort Wayne July 18-21 at the Lutheran Health SportsCenter.
Brought to our city by the Fort Wayne Curling Club, the Arena Club National Championship features 32 teams from 15 states. Fort Wayne has three teams competing in this year’s field.
The four?day event will consist of highly competitive matches and players/coaches workshops. The championship match
begins at noon on Sunday, July 21, with a short ceremony preceding the finals.
While in Fort Wayne, 145 curling participants and their families will visit several city attractions and events, including stops to the Three Rivers Festival and Fort Wayne TinCaps. Visitors will provide a slight bump to Fort Wayne’s local economy, bringing in an estimated $75,000 in new spending.