- 15th Annual Fallen Firefighters Memorial tomorrow – 10/10/2015
- New IPFW Center of Excellence presents “Big Data and Business Analytics” conference
- NWS: Clouds will be on the decrease overnight with lows in the lower 40s
- USF hosting high school art workshop
- NWS: Clouds will begin to slowly thin this afternoon
- 3’s a charm: USF QB Nick Ferrer earns MSFA weekly award 3rd time
- Lower Huntington Road upgrade brings first trail connection to Waynedale
- NWS: Chance for showers this evening and overnight
- USF sophomore Spencer Cowherd earns NAIA defensive weekly award
- Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo regular season ends Sunday
Inaugural US Curling Arena Championship to drop rock in Fort Wayne
News release from Visit Fort Wayne:
Inaugural US Curling Arena Championship to Drop Rock in Fort Wayne
(July 17, 2013) – The first-ever 2013 United States Curling Association Arena Club National Championship will be held in Fort Wayne July 18-21 at the Lutheran Health SportsCenter.
Brought to our city by the Fort Wayne Curling Club, the Arena Club National Championship features 32 teams from 15 states. Fort Wayne has three teams competing in this year’s field.
The four?day event will consist of highly competitive matches and players/coaches workshops. The championship match
begins at noon on Sunday, July 21, with a short ceremony preceding the finals.
While in Fort Wayne, 145 curling participants and their families will visit several city attractions and events, including stops to the Three Rivers Festival and Fort Wayne TinCaps. Visitors will provide a slight bump to Fort Wayne’s local economy, bringing in an estimated $75,000 in new spending.