- TinCaps ReCap: 17-game home winning streak ends
- Ivy Tech Northeast to host American Heart Association Heart Walk – 9/12/2015
- Ivy Tech Northeast to host USMC car show – 9/12/2015
- NWS: Scattered showers and thunderstorms expected this weekend
- Parks and Recreation Department announces promotions
- FWPD: Sting operation nets arrests
- Leadership Fort Wayne class launches “Operation: Riverfront”
- Riverfront activities tonight and Sunday
- FWPD: Report of gunshots, 3500 block of Gaywood Drive
- NWS: Partly cloudy today with highs in the mid to upper 70s
Inaugural US Curling Arena Championship to drop rock in Fort Wayne
News release from Visit Fort Wayne:
Inaugural US Curling Arena Championship to Drop Rock in Fort Wayne
(July 17, 2013) – The first-ever 2013 United States Curling Association Arena Club National Championship will be held in Fort Wayne July 18-21 at the Lutheran Health SportsCenter.
Brought to our city by the Fort Wayne Curling Club, the Arena Club National Championship features 32 teams from 15 states. Fort Wayne has three teams competing in this year’s field.
The four?day event will consist of highly competitive matches and players/coaches workshops. The championship match
begins at noon on Sunday, July 21, with a short ceremony preceding the finals.
While in Fort Wayne, 145 curling participants and their families will visit several city attractions and events, including stops to the Three Rivers Festival and Fort Wayne TinCaps. Visitors will provide a slight bump to Fort Wayne’s local economy, bringing in an estimated $75,000 in new spending.