- Camp Canine grand opening/ribbon cutting
- NWS: Scattered showers and thunderstorms this afternoon
- History Center celebrates seven years of success
- Superior Court debuts employee communication system
- Allen County Fun Fair events – 7/31/2015
- TinCaps ReCap: TinCaps sweep Dayton Dragons
- New plans to be released at My City Summit for Quimby Village
- Mother of three to receive recycled ride at TinCaps Game Friday – 7/31/2015
- FWPD: New property form to help protect victims of burglary and theft
- NWS: Another clear night expected
Reynolds Street house fire with fatality
News release from the Fort Wayne Fire Department:
(August 5, 2013) – Fort Wayne Fire Department’s Engine 9 responded to a fire service call by an off-duty firefighter who reported smelling smoke in the area along Wayne Trace/New Haven Ave. The crew canvassed the area and identified smoke coming from the roof eves of a home at 2216 Reynolds E. After requesting additional crews, Engine 9 forced entry and began an interior attack on the fire located in the kitchen area of the home while other crew members began a primary search and located a victim in a rear bedroom. The subject was pulled to safety where medics immediately took over patient care. The subject was later declared dead on scene. Firefighters battling the blaze were able to contain and extinguish the fire in 21 minutes.
The identity and cause of death of the victim will be released by the Coroner. The cause of the blaze is under investigation. TRAA, FWPD, Nipsco, AEP and the Allen County Coroner assisted at the scene. Animal Control was also called to assist after crews found two cats that also perished in the fire.