- TinCaps came from behind to win in 14 innings
- NWS: Partly cloudy and not as cool
- IPFW Professor selected for Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program
- Public Works, keeps us moving
- Charles Seals of Fort Wayne sentenced
- Red Cross urges summer donations to prevent seasonal shortage
- Nichols honored with Barnabas Award for her servant heart
- The Grande Page Pipe Organ back on stage June 14
- Fort Wayne Sport Club Kickball Tournament supports Turnstone and TopSoccer
- Greater Fort Wayne Metro Chamber Alliance, Inc. holds annual meeting
FWPD: Suicide Threats/Death Investigation
News release from the Fort Wayne Police Department:
Suicide Threats/Death Investigation
Incident Date: August 6, 2013
Incident Time: 12:23 AM
Incident Location: 2400 Bolton Dr.
Victim: Adult / Male
(August 6, 2013) – On Tuesday, August 6, 2013, at 12:23 AM, the City of Fort Wayne Police Department responded to an adult male making suicide threats in an apartment in the 2400 block of Bolton Dr. The male caller was making suicide threats and stated he was armed with a gun.
Officers began negotiating with the male, but during negotiations, contact was lost with the male and contact could not be resumed. Members of the Emergency Services Team made entry to check on the male, and ended up locating a deceased male.
This incident is currently being treated as a death investigation, and there are no other details to be released. No other persons were involved in the incident. There is nothing further at this time.
Assisting agencies: Three Rivers Ambulance Authority, Allen County Coroner