- Spring Lake Woods and Bog to open to public
- Romeo and Juliet full-length ballet at the Embassy Theatre – 1/20/2016
- USF opens 2015-2016 academic year
- 4th District City Council race interview with Rusty York
- NWS: Warmer conditions expected this afternoon with highs in the mid 80s
- FWPD: Critical Injury Accident, 1600 block of High Street
- Dense Fog Advisory just north of us, potential to develop in our area later this morning
- TinCaps ReCap: TinCaps lose but clinch playoff spot
- Country Fest ’15 early bird ticket price ends tomorrow
- 98.9 The Bear Birthday Bash – 9/18/2015
FWPD: Suicide Threats/Death Investigation
News release from the Fort Wayne Police Department:
Suicide Threats/Death Investigation
Incident Date: August 6, 2013
Incident Time: 12:23 AM
Incident Location: 2400 Bolton Dr.
Victim: Adult / Male
(August 6, 2013) – On Tuesday, August 6, 2013, at 12:23 AM, the City of Fort Wayne Police Department responded to an adult male making suicide threats in an apartment in the 2400 block of Bolton Dr. The male caller was making suicide threats and stated he was armed with a gun.
Officers began negotiating with the male, but during negotiations, contact was lost with the male and contact could not be resumed. Members of the Emergency Services Team made entry to check on the male, and ended up locating a deceased male.
This incident is currently being treated as a death investigation, and there are no other details to be released. No other persons were involved in the incident. There is nothing further at this time.
Assisting agencies: Three Rivers Ambulance Authority, Allen County Coroner