- TinCaps ReCap: 17-game home winning streak ends
- Ivy Tech Northeast to host American Heart Association Heart Walk – 9/12/2015
- Ivy Tech Northeast to host USMC car show – 9/12/2015
- NWS: Scattered showers and thunderstorms expected this weekend
- Parks and Recreation Department announces promotions
- FWPD: Sting operation nets arrests
- Leadership Fort Wayne class launches “Operation: Riverfront”
- Riverfront activities tonight and Sunday
- FWPD: Report of gunshots, 3500 block of Gaywood Drive
- NWS: Partly cloudy today with highs in the mid to upper 70s
University of Saint Francis free public lecture
News release from the University of Saint Francis:
University of Saint Francis Free Public Lecture
(August 12, 2013) – The Department of Philosophy and Theology in the School of Arts and Sciences at the University of Saint will offer a free public lecture, “I’m Not ‘Religious’ But I’m ‘Spiritual’ and Other Odd Things We Say” on Thursday, August 29 at 1 p.m. in the Brookside Ballroom.
Dr. Lewis Pearson, assistant professor of philosophy, will discuss what happens when we use phrases like this, including what we intend to mean, whether our intentions are clear, and what unintended messages we communicate when we use such phrases.