- 15th Annual Fallen Firefighters Memorial tomorrow – 10/10/2015
- New IPFW Center of Excellence presents “Big Data and Business Analytics” conference
- NWS: Clouds will be on the decrease overnight with lows in the lower 40s
- USF hosting high school art workshop
- NWS: Clouds will begin to slowly thin this afternoon
- 3’s a charm: USF QB Nick Ferrer earns MSFA weekly award 3rd time
- Lower Huntington Road upgrade brings first trail connection to Waynedale
- NWS: Chance for showers this evening and overnight
- USF sophomore Spencer Cowherd earns NAIA defensive weekly award
- Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo regular season ends Sunday
Buddy Guy to perform at Foellinger Theatre
News release from Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation:
Buddy Guy to Perform at Foellinger Theatre
The Foellinger Outdoor Theatre will play host to living blues legend, Buddy Guy, on Saturday, September 28 at 8 pm, with special guest Quinn Sullivan.
As the king of the contemporary Chicago blues scene, Buddy Guy has served as an influence and bridge between blues and rock & roll to some of the most notable musicians of his generation, including Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughan, who stated, “Without Buddy Guy, there would be no Stevie Ray Vaughan.” Rolling Stone Magazine ranked Buddy Guy 30th in their list of “100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time.”
Tickets for this concert go on sale Friday, June 28 at 10 am. Reserve seating is $50 and $40, $30 for general admission. You may purchase tickets on-line at www.foellingertheatre.org, by calling 260-427-6000, or by visiting the Parks & Recreation Department office at 705 E. State Blvd., Mon – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm.
Don’t miss this living legend when he performs at The Foellinger Theatre on September 28, 2013.