- YWCA Northeast Indiana celebrates 100 Good Men!
- Historic West Main Street Antique Show and Market, Saturday – 8/1/15
- NWS: Showers and thunderstorms possible Wednesday
- City of Fort Wayne: Ardmore Avenue now open
- Added ramp lane project on I-69 at Exit 315 to begin Wednesday, 7/29/2015
- Houk Road re-opened; Rorick Road still closed
- Baby Giraffe makes public debut today at the Zoo
- Early African-American Settlers of the Maumee Valley program tonight
- FWPD: Fatal Motor Vehicle Accident, McKinnie Avenue and McMillen Park Drive
- NKP 765 through Brooklyn Avenue – photos and video
FWFD: Structure Fire at 1200 Herbert Street, update
News release from the Fort Wayne Fire Department:
Structure Fire at 1200 Herbert Street, update
Time of Alarm: 2:19 p.m.
On the scene: 2:10 p.m.
Fire declared under control: 8:26 p.m.
(August 19, 2013, 10:48 p.m.) – At this time, the fire has been placed under control. FWFD crews will continue to rotate throughout the night, monitoring and extinguishing hot spots. Demolition crews are also on scene and working in coordination with the FWFD investigators. Due to the significant fire involvement and the damage the structures sustained, the investigation will be lengthy. At this time, the railroad tracks have been reopened. Cochran Street from the Techumseh St. Bridge and Coombs Street to Liberty will remain closed.
During the incident, FWFD requested AEP to cut power to the properties involved. This cut also impacted the neighborhoods on the same grid. At this time, AEP has restored power to all its customers. The FWFD was assisted on scene by TRAA, FWPD, Water Pollution Control, Water Maintenance Department, AEP, Nipsco, and Allen County Homeland Security. Various township fire departments assisted at the scene and with other support throughout the incident.
Two firefighters were treated on scene for minor injuries. Further updates will be emailed as they become available.