- Spring Lake Woods and Bog to open to public
- Romeo and Juliet full-length ballet at the Embassy Theatre – 1/20/2016
- USF opens 2015-2016 academic year
- 4th District City Council race interview with Rusty York
- NWS: Warmer conditions expected this afternoon with highs in the mid 80s
- FWPD: Critical Injury Accident, 1600 block of High Street
- Dense Fog Advisory just north of us, potential to develop in our area later this morning
- TinCaps ReCap: TinCaps lose but clinch playoff spot
- Country Fest ’15 early bird ticket price ends tomorrow
- 98.9 The Bear Birthday Bash – 9/18/2015
FWFD: Structure Fire at 1200 Herbert Street, update
News release from the Fort Wayne Fire Department:
Structure Fire at 1200 Herbert Street, update
Time of Alarm: 2:19 p.m.
On the scene: 2:10 p.m.
Fire declared under control: 8:26 p.m.
(August 19, 2013, 10:48 p.m.) – At this time, the fire has been placed under control. FWFD crews will continue to rotate throughout the night, monitoring and extinguishing hot spots. Demolition crews are also on scene and working in coordination with the FWFD investigators. Due to the significant fire involvement and the damage the structures sustained, the investigation will be lengthy. At this time, the railroad tracks have been reopened. Cochran Street from the Techumseh St. Bridge and Coombs Street to Liberty will remain closed.
During the incident, FWFD requested AEP to cut power to the properties involved. This cut also impacted the neighborhoods on the same grid. At this time, AEP has restored power to all its customers. The FWFD was assisted on scene by TRAA, FWPD, Water Pollution Control, Water Maintenance Department, AEP, Nipsco, and Allen County Homeland Security. Various township fire departments assisted at the scene and with other support throughout the incident.
Two firefighters were treated on scene for minor injuries. Further updates will be emailed as they become available.