- NWS: Showers and scattered thunderstorms continue
- FWPD: Assistance needed to identify Robbery Suspect
- 2015 Three Rivers Festival street closures
- TinCaps ReCap: Fort Wayne wins wild one in 12 innings at South Bend
- Volunteers wanted to clean storm ravaged parks
- Recent flooding changes Trek the Trails ride
- NWS: Showers and thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow
- Coast to Coast Baseball tryout at Parkview Field
- Update on City’s response to weather-related damages
- TinCaps Roster Move: July 6, 2015
FWFD: Structure Fire at 1200 Herbert Street, update
News release from the Fort Wayne Fire Department:
Structure Fire at 1200 Herbert Street, update
Time of Alarm: 2:19 p.m.
On the scene: 2:10 p.m.
Fire declared under control: 8:26 p.m.
(August 19, 2013, 10:48 p.m.) – At this time, the fire has been placed under control. FWFD crews will continue to rotate throughout the night, monitoring and extinguishing hot spots. Demolition crews are also on scene and working in coordination with the FWFD investigators. Due to the significant fire involvement and the damage the structures sustained, the investigation will be lengthy. At this time, the railroad tracks have been reopened. Cochran Street from the Techumseh St. Bridge and Coombs Street to Liberty will remain closed.
During the incident, FWFD requested AEP to cut power to the properties involved. This cut also impacted the neighborhoods on the same grid. At this time, AEP has restored power to all its customers. The FWFD was assisted on scene by TRAA, FWPD, Water Pollution Control, Water Maintenance Department, AEP, Nipsco, and Allen County Homeland Security. Various township fire departments assisted at the scene and with other support throughout the incident.
Two firefighters were treated on scene for minor injuries. Further updates will be emailed as they become available.