- USF event to examine working with at-risk youth
- Brickworld returning to the Grand Wayne Center
- National honor focused on City Water Pollution Control Plant
- Community Foundation receives $500,000 grant for riverfront development project
- NWS: Fair weather continues tonight, lows in the mid 50s
- INDOT: Watch for deer on Indiana’s roadways
- USF announces “Jesus Christ Superstar” cast
- Mayor Henry commends community leaders who participated in neighborhood conference in Kentucky
- FWPD: Barricaded Subject, 1600 block of Fitchburg Place
- NWS: Pleasant weather through Thursday with mild temperatures
FWFD: Structure Fire at 1200 Herbert Street, update
News release from the Fort Wayne Fire Department:
Structure Fire at 1200 Herbert Street, update
Time of Alarm: 2:19 p.m.
On the scene: 2:10 p.m.
Fire declared under control: 8:26 p.m.
(August 19, 2013, 10:48 p.m.) – At this time, the fire has been placed under control. FWFD crews will continue to rotate throughout the night, monitoring and extinguishing hot spots. Demolition crews are also on scene and working in coordination with the FWFD investigators. Due to the significant fire involvement and the damage the structures sustained, the investigation will be lengthy. At this time, the railroad tracks have been reopened. Cochran Street from the Techumseh St. Bridge and Coombs Street to Liberty will remain closed.
During the incident, FWFD requested AEP to cut power to the properties involved. This cut also impacted the neighborhoods on the same grid. At this time, AEP has restored power to all its customers. The FWFD was assisted on scene by TRAA, FWPD, Water Pollution Control, Water Maintenance Department, AEP, Nipsco, and Allen County Homeland Security. Various township fire departments assisted at the scene and with other support throughout the incident.
Two firefighters were treated on scene for minor injuries. Further updates will be emailed as they become available.