- Donate blood through the Red Cross in final weeks of summer
- Rorick Road remains closed
- McMillen Park Pool closed
- Local government proposed budgets on web
- Photos and video from FWFD announcement of hiring of 15 new firefighters
- Do it Best announces retirement of Bob Taylor, names Dan Starr President and CEO
- Bowser Park
- NWS: Clear skies, low humidity tonight
- Parkview Warsaw celebrates progress
- Shindigz National Soccer Festival returns for 16th year
The Swatch-O-Rama at the Fort Wayne Regional Maker Faire
News release from TekVenture:
(August 21, 2013) – So what is a Swatch-O-Rama? Sara Geyman, a local artisan who’s mission is to make things beautiful, is working to bring fabric artists, quilters and crafters a special treat. Clean out your craft drawers and bring your junk to the Maker Faire! We’ll provide the space. You provide materials, threads, needles, and any items that Makers can use for other projects. Bring them to Maker Faire and Swap away – and it’s all free!
Fan favorite Casey Drudge known for his Chain Reaction Challenge machines and 3D quilt work will be back this year. He’s excited about the Swatch-O-Rama. Come see Casey’s ode to Rube Goldberg machines and totally unique fabric art pieces. He might even swap you a swatch to include in his next art piece.