- Parkview Warsaw celebrates progress
- Shindigz National Soccer Festival returns for 16th year
- Mayor Henry announces 15 new firefighters to be hired
- Crime Victim Care receives funding to promote mental health & wellness in refugee & immigrant community
- NWS: Dry and cooler conditions are expected through tomorrow night
- 2015 Health Care Awards call for nominations
- Embassy video highlights renovation project and the challenges in a busy venue
- TinCaps ReCap: TinCaps complete walk-off sweep
- Sixth-, ninth-grade students get ready for the new year
- NWS: Severe storms are possible tonight after 10 p.m.
TinCaps set new attendance record
News release from the TinCaps:
TinCaps Set New Attendance Record
(September 7, 2013) – The Fort Wayne TinCaps set a new franchise attendance record Saturday night. Including the regular season and playoffs, 410,459 fans have attended a TinCaps game at Parkview Field during the 2013 season. Although the TinCaps lost, 7-5, Saturday night, there is still the potential for two more games to be held at the downtown ballpark if the TinCaps reach the Midwest League Championship series.
This is the second straight year that Fort Wayne has set a new franchise attendance record. Last year’s attendance of 408,044, broke 2010’s mark of 407, 394. Saturday’s crowd of 2,486 gave the TinCaps the largest playoff attendance among Midwest League teams to host two games, with a combined total of 6,863.
“We are so thankful to our great fans, the City of Fort Wayne, and the San Diego Padres,” said TinCaps President Mike Nutter. “Our fans have wholly embraced the team and the unrivaled experience of attending a ballgame at Parkview Field, the city has given us tremendous support, and the Padres have put a playoff-bound team in Fort Wayne each of our five years downtown.”
Season Attendance Totals
Number of games played in parentheses.
Regular Season: 403,596 (70)
MWL Playoffs: 6,863 (2)
Total Attendance: 410,459*
*Two more home games possible in 2013
Regular Season: 396,531 (69)
MWL Playoffs: 11,513 (4)
Total Attendance: 408,044
Regular Season: 404,392 (70)
MWL Playoffs: 2,462 (1)
Total Attendance: 407,394
Regular Season: 378,529 (70)
MWL Playoffs: 25,789 (6)
Total Attendance: 404,418
Regular Season: 376,022 (67)
MWL Playoffs: 3,045 (2)
Total Attendance: 379,067
If the TinCaps defeat South Bend both Sunday and Monday nights, Fort Wayne would host games one and two of the Midwest League Championship Series. Those games would take place Wednesday, September 11th and Thursday, September 12th.