- NWS: Expect decreasing clouds tonight
- NWS: Rain will continue through much of today
- Team chosen to lead engineering and design work for riverfront promenade
- NWS: Rain will slowly move into the area tonight with lows in the lower 50s
- FWFD: Building Fire, 2208 South Lafayette Street
- NWS: Thanksgiving will be cloudy, damp and much warmer than normal
- FWFD: Building Fire, 1336 Goshen Avenue
- County establishes employee recognition program
- Avfuel expands network with Fort Wayne Aero Center (KFWA)
- The Fort Wayne Philharmonic and Chorus present Messiah by Candlelight
4th annual Veteran’s Day Flag Ceremony at IPFW
News release from IPFW:
4th Annual Veteran’s Day Flag Ceremony at IPFW
(November 1, 2013) – The Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) Office of Military Student Services will conduct the 4th annual Veteran’s Day Flag Ceremony on Veteran’s Day, November 11, 2013, at 11:30 a.m. outside on the IPFW Science Mall.
Opening remarks will be given by Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs George McClellan. U.S. Army MAJ (Ret) David Peterson will be the keynote speaker. The IPFW Army ROTC Cadre will conduct the Presentation of the Colors, officiated by LTC (Army Reserves) (Ret) Mark Haney, IPFW school certifying official. Denise Buhr, veteran and IPFW reference librarian, will deliver a reading, and there will be remarks given by a student veteran.
Light refreshments will be provided by the IPFW Hospitality Management student catering group. The event is free and open to the public. All veterans are encouraged to attend, along with people currently serving in the military and family members or friends of military service members.