- Edsall Avenue bridge closed to vehicle traffic
- More photos and video from latest water connection in Aboite
- NWS: Strong to severe storms possible Sunday evening
- USF Arts Entrepreneurship Program seeking community partners
- Photos from today’s Historic West Main Street Antique Market
- Paddling around in a downtown fountain
- The United States Navy Band Cruisers at the Foellinger Theatre – 8/22/2015
- Family Medicine Center recognized for outstanding quality and service
- Stand Up To Cancer Day at Parkview Field presented by Fifth Third Bank
- NWS: Periodic showers and storms possible this weekend
4th annual Veteran’s Day Flag Ceremony at IPFW
News release from IPFW:
4th Annual Veteran’s Day Flag Ceremony at IPFW
(November 1, 2013) – The Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) Office of Military Student Services will conduct the 4th annual Veteran’s Day Flag Ceremony on Veteran’s Day, November 11, 2013, at 11:30 a.m. outside on the IPFW Science Mall.
Opening remarks will be given by Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs George McClellan. U.S. Army MAJ (Ret) David Peterson will be the keynote speaker. The IPFW Army ROTC Cadre will conduct the Presentation of the Colors, officiated by LTC (Army Reserves) (Ret) Mark Haney, IPFW school certifying official. Denise Buhr, veteran and IPFW reference librarian, will deliver a reading, and there will be remarks given by a student veteran.
Light refreshments will be provided by the IPFW Hospitality Management student catering group. The event is free and open to the public. All veterans are encouraged to attend, along with people currently serving in the military and family members or friends of military service members.