- TinCaps came from behind to win in 14 innings
- NWS: Partly cloudy and not as cool
- IPFW Professor selected for Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program
- Public Works, keeps us moving
- Charles Seals of Fort Wayne sentenced
- Red Cross urges summer donations to prevent seasonal shortage
- Nichols honored with Barnabas Award for her servant heart
- The Grande Page Pipe Organ back on stage June 14
- Fort Wayne Sport Club Kickball Tournament supports Turnstone and TopSoccer
- Greater Fort Wayne Metro Chamber Alliance, Inc. holds annual meeting
4th annual Veteran’s Day Flag Ceremony at IPFW
News release from IPFW:
4th Annual Veteran’s Day Flag Ceremony at IPFW
(November 1, 2013) – The Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) Office of Military Student Services will conduct the 4th annual Veteran’s Day Flag Ceremony on Veteran’s Day, November 11, 2013, at 11:30 a.m. outside on the IPFW Science Mall.
Opening remarks will be given by Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs George McClellan. U.S. Army MAJ (Ret) David Peterson will be the keynote speaker. The IPFW Army ROTC Cadre will conduct the Presentation of the Colors, officiated by LTC (Army Reserves) (Ret) Mark Haney, IPFW school certifying official. Denise Buhr, veteran and IPFW reference librarian, will deliver a reading, and there will be remarks given by a student veteran.
Light refreshments will be provided by the IPFW Hospitality Management student catering group. The event is free and open to the public. All veterans are encouraged to attend, along with people currently serving in the military and family members or friends of military service members.