- NWS: Thanksgiving will be cloudy, damp and much warmer than normal
- County establishes employee recognition program
- Avfuel expands network with Fort Wayne Aero Center (KFWA)
- The Fort Wayne Philharmonic and Chorus present Messiah by Candlelight
- Citilink will not operate on Thanksgiving Day holiday
- Black Friday specials all week long at the Allen County SPCA
- TinCaps: Opening Day tickets go on sale for holidays – today!
- Sculpting a Superior message
- NWS: Mostly sunny today with highs in the lower 50s
- State’s first Diverging Diamond receives engineering award
Santa’s arrival and tree lighting ceremony at Jefferson Pointe
News release from the Jefferson Pointe Shopping Center:
Santa’s Arrival and the Tree Lighting Ceremony – November 16th at 7 pm
The tallest Christmas tree in Fort Wayne will synchronize lights to music this Saturday!
(November 12, 2013) – The holidays will shine even brighter at Jefferson Pointe. Fort Wayne’s tallest Christmas tree fills the sky with a dazzling light show, synchronized to Christmas music! On Saturday November 16th at 7 pm, Fort Wayne’s newest holiday masterpiece will kick off the holiday season at Jefferson Pointe.
“The tree lighting ceremony is November 16th at 7 pm and Jefferson Pointe will make it an extra special family tradition!” said Katrina Newman, Marketing Manager at Jefferson Pointe. “The Christmas tree will amaze and inspire spectators as we change the landscape to different holiday colors, complimenting & synchronizing to the tree.” “This is something Fort Wayne was missing and the lights and sounds will create a new holiday tradition for families looking for that special holiday memory.”
Santa will arrive at Jefferson Pointe by carriage at 7 pm just before the Christmas tree lighting ceremony. Live Reindeer will be located near the Santa Cottage from 6 to 8 pm.
“Those Funny Little People” as seen on America’s Got Talent, will perform at 5:30 and 6:30 pm around the Christmas tree.
After the tree lighting, this spectacular display runs nightly each half hour beginning at 6 pm until 10 pm.
The Jefferson Pointe Christmas tree is programmed to several holiday tunes including the following: Linus and Lucy by Mark Theis, Christmas Eve Sarajevo by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Deck the Halls by Mannheim Steamroller, The Most Wonderful time of the year by Andy Williams, Wizards and Winter by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Cool Yule by Louie Armstrong, Carol of the Bells by David Foster and All I Want for Christmas by Mariah Carey.
After Christmas, the tree will synchronize the lights to party music in anticipation of the New Year!