- FWPD: Critical Injury Crash, 3300 block of South Clinton Street
- NWS: Warm with increasing chances for showers and thunderstorms
- Final day for the Allen County Fun Fair – 8/2/2015
- TinCaps ReCap: TinCaps walk off again, stay in first
- Edsall Avenue bridge closed to vehicle traffic
- More photos and video from latest water connection in Aboite
- NWS: Strong to severe storms possible Sunday evening
- USF Arts Entrepreneurship Program seeking community partners
- Photos from today’s Historic West Main Street Antique Market
- Paddling around in a downtown fountain
Santa’s arrival and tree lighting ceremony at Jefferson Pointe
News release from the Jefferson Pointe Shopping Center:
Santa’s Arrival and the Tree Lighting Ceremony – November 16th at 7 pm
The tallest Christmas tree in Fort Wayne will synchronize lights to music this Saturday!
(November 12, 2013) – The holidays will shine even brighter at Jefferson Pointe. Fort Wayne’s tallest Christmas tree fills the sky with a dazzling light show, synchronized to Christmas music! On Saturday November 16th at 7 pm, Fort Wayne’s newest holiday masterpiece will kick off the holiday season at Jefferson Pointe.
“The tree lighting ceremony is November 16th at 7 pm and Jefferson Pointe will make it an extra special family tradition!” said Katrina Newman, Marketing Manager at Jefferson Pointe. “The Christmas tree will amaze and inspire spectators as we change the landscape to different holiday colors, complimenting & synchronizing to the tree.” “This is something Fort Wayne was missing and the lights and sounds will create a new holiday tradition for families looking for that special holiday memory.”
Santa will arrive at Jefferson Pointe by carriage at 7 pm just before the Christmas tree lighting ceremony. Live Reindeer will be located near the Santa Cottage from 6 to 8 pm.
“Those Funny Little People” as seen on America’s Got Talent, will perform at 5:30 and 6:30 pm around the Christmas tree.
After the tree lighting, this spectacular display runs nightly each half hour beginning at 6 pm until 10 pm.
The Jefferson Pointe Christmas tree is programmed to several holiday tunes including the following: Linus and Lucy by Mark Theis, Christmas Eve Sarajevo by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Deck the Halls by Mannheim Steamroller, The Most Wonderful time of the year by Andy Williams, Wizards and Winter by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Cool Yule by Louie Armstrong, Carol of the Bells by David Foster and All I Want for Christmas by Mariah Carey.
After Christmas, the tree will synchronize the lights to party music in anticipation of the New Year!