- INDOT: Labor Day weekend travel planner
- Plassman Athletic Center at Turnstone community open house – 9/12/2015
- MedPro Group finalizes acquisition of PLICO
- NWS: Showers and thunderstorms possible tonight and this weekend
- Leading music technology retailer, Sweetwater Sound, expands again
- Fort Wayne Philharmonic names James W. Palermo as Managing Director
- USF bike to build to benefit Haitian orphans
- Stingray Bay opens today at the Zoo
- A new building for Hill’s Market
- There’s no shortage of fun at Auctions America’s Auburn Fall Collector Car Weekend
IPFW to host site for International Survivors of Suicide Day
News release from IPFW:
IPFW to Host Site for International Survivors of Suicide Day
(November 13, 2013) — Losing a loved one to suicide can be one of the hardest things a family can go through. Harder still is the aftermath, which can leave a person with unanswered questions and feelings of guilt. International Survivors of Suicide Day is dedicated to those going through this struggle.
The Behavioral Health and Family Studies Institute at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW), in partnership with the Indiana Chapter of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP), will be hosting a site to commemorate International Survivors of Suicide Day on Nov. 23, 2013.
The program will be held in the Rhinehart Music Center, Room 235, from 1 to 3 p.m. The doors will open at noon. IPFW is one of many locations hosting this event. To find more sites across Indiana, visit afsp.org.
At each of these community centered events around the world, organizers of the program will show a 90 minute video created by AFSP featuring personal stories from survivors, as well as advice on how to cope. Mental health professionals will also be included in the video.
All survivors of suicide loss are encouraged to attend. This event offers a rare opportunity for survivors to walk into a room and know that every person in it knows the hardship suicide can bring.
For more information or to R.S.V.P., contact Alice Jordan-Miles at 260-481-4184 or visit the AFSP website., or