- Annual Fort Wayne Fire Department Service Awards tonight
- Indiana State Police and INDOT warn drivers to “Move Over”
- Three additional Blue Star Banners installed
- The Historic West Main Street Fall Antique and Vintage Market this Saturday
- 4th Wine & Stein benefit set for October 9th
- NWS: Partly cloudy skies expected during the afternoon; highs in the low 70s
- NWS Update: Patches of fog with visibilities less than 1 mile are possible
- Mayor Henry leads walk in Southeast Waynedale neighborhood
- NWS: Lows tonight in the 50s
- USF event to examine working with at-risk youth
Diversity and Community Engagement Week hosted at IPFW
News release from IPFW:
Diversity and Community Engagement Week Hosted at IPFW
(November 18, 2013) – Starting today Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) will host the first annual Diversity and Community Engagement week November 18–22, 2013.
Events for the week include:
- Community Service Fair on Tuesday, November 19 in Walb Student Union Ballroom from noon to 2 p.m. Over 50 community agencies are confirmed to attend
- NOH8 Campaign with Ivy Tech Community College on Wednesday, November 20 from 4 to 6 p.m. in Walb Student Union Ballroom. In light of bullying cases in the news this event is a timely effort to encourage civility, diversity, and equality for everyone
- Diversity Showcase on Thursday, November 21 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Walb Student Union Ballroom. Free cultural food offerings and entertainment for IPFW and Ivy Tech students, staff, and faculty
- Dance Marathon on Friday, November 22 from 7 to 11 p.m. in Walb Union International Ballroom
The goals of the week are to increase opportunities for the community to engage and connect with the campus community.
The week kicks off today with the Community Service Fair, where over 50 agencies looking for volunteers in the Fort Wayne community will be present. Attendees will be able to learn about important community resources, as well as network with not-for profit agency leaders. There will also be free food and giveaways.