- TinCaps ReCap: TinCaps complete walk-off sweep
- Sixth-, ninth-grade students get ready for the new year
- NWS: Severe storms are possible tonight after 10 p.m.
- FWPD: Critical Shooting Investigation, 6000 block of Bunt Drive
- Asher welcomes new Media Coordinator, Yvonne Sly
- Group uncovers lack of developmental screening for Allen County kids
- Citilink points to accessible transportation services on 25th anniversary of ADA
- Regional Cities Initiative giant flag unveiled at Parkview Field
- Oat and wheat harvest in full swing
- FWPD: Critical Injury Crash, 3300 block of South Clinton Street
Diversity and Community Engagement Week hosted at IPFW
News release from IPFW:
Diversity and Community Engagement Week Hosted at IPFW
(November 18, 2013) – Starting today Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) will host the first annual Diversity and Community Engagement week November 18–22, 2013.
Events for the week include:
- Community Service Fair on Tuesday, November 19 in Walb Student Union Ballroom from noon to 2 p.m. Over 50 community agencies are confirmed to attend
- NOH8 Campaign with Ivy Tech Community College on Wednesday, November 20 from 4 to 6 p.m. in Walb Student Union Ballroom. In light of bullying cases in the news this event is a timely effort to encourage civility, diversity, and equality for everyone
- Diversity Showcase on Thursday, November 21 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Walb Student Union Ballroom. Free cultural food offerings and entertainment for IPFW and Ivy Tech students, staff, and faculty
- Dance Marathon on Friday, November 22 from 7 to 11 p.m. in Walb Union International Ballroom
The goals of the week are to increase opportunities for the community to engage and connect with the campus community.
The week kicks off today with the Community Service Fair, where over 50 agencies looking for volunteers in the Fort Wayne community will be present. Attendees will be able to learn about important community resources, as well as network with not-for profit agency leaders. There will also be free food and giveaways.
About Stephen ParkerStephen Parker is the blogmaster for AroundFortWayne.com. He believes that everyone should have access to information, interviews, and videos of events that are, "Straight from the source". When not blogging, he enjoys outdoor activities in his adopted home, Fort Wayne Indiana. He moved here in late 1989 and hasn't looked back.
TinCaps ReCap: TinCaps complete walk-off sweep
The TinCaps completed a walk-off sweep against the West Michigan...
Sixth-, ninth-grade students get ready for the new year
Students in Fort Wayne Community Schools will get a jump...
NWS: Severe storms are possible tonight after 10 p.m.
Severe storms are possible tonight after 10 p.m.
FWPD: Critical Shooting Investigation, 6000 block of Bunt Drive
Today at approximately 1:22 PM, the FWPD responded to the...
Asher welcomes new Media Coordinator, Yvonne Sly
Asher is pleased to announce that Yvonne Sly has joined...
Group uncovers lack of developmental screening for Allen County kids
A local group has been working through a disciplined process...
Citilink points to accessible transportation services on 25th anniversary of ADA
On the 25th anniversary of the ADA, Citilink commemorates the...