- County establishes employee recognition program
- Avfuel expands network with Fort Wayne Aero Center (KFWA)
- The Fort Wayne Philharmonic and Chorus present Messiah by Candlelight
- Citilink will not operate on Thanksgiving Day holiday
- Black Friday specials all week long at the Allen County SPCA
- TinCaps: Opening Day tickets go on sale for holidays – today!
- Sculpting a Superior message
- NWS: Mostly sunny today with highs in the lower 50s
- State’s first Diverging Diamond receives engineering award
- FWPD: Critical Traffic Accident, Paulding and Hessen Cassel Roads
Diversity and Community Engagement Week hosted at IPFW
News release from IPFW:
Diversity and Community Engagement Week Hosted at IPFW
(November 18, 2013) – Starting today Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) will host the first annual Diversity and Community Engagement week November 18–22, 2013.
Events for the week include:
- Community Service Fair on Tuesday, November 19 in Walb Student Union Ballroom from noon to 2 p.m. Over 50 community agencies are confirmed to attend
- NOH8 Campaign with Ivy Tech Community College on Wednesday, November 20 from 4 to 6 p.m. in Walb Student Union Ballroom. In light of bullying cases in the news this event is a timely effort to encourage civility, diversity, and equality for everyone
- Diversity Showcase on Thursday, November 21 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Walb Student Union Ballroom. Free cultural food offerings and entertainment for IPFW and Ivy Tech students, staff, and faculty
- Dance Marathon on Friday, November 22 from 7 to 11 p.m. in Walb Union International Ballroom
The goals of the week are to increase opportunities for the community to engage and connect with the campus community.
The week kicks off today with the Community Service Fair, where over 50 agencies looking for volunteers in the Fort Wayne community will be present. Attendees will be able to learn about important community resources, as well as network with not-for profit agency leaders. There will also be free food and giveaways.
About Stephen ParkerStephen Parker is the blogmaster for AroundFortWayne.com. He believes that everyone should have access to information, interviews, and videos of events that are, "Straight from the source". When not blogging, he enjoys outdoor activities in his adopted home, Fort Wayne Indiana. He moved here in late 1989 and hasn't looked back.
County establishes employee recognition program
The Allen County Board of Commissioners today announced a new...
Avfuel expands network with Fort Wayne Aero Center (KFWA)
Avfuel Corporation is proud to announce Fort Wayne Aero Center...
The Fort Wayne Philharmonic and Chorus present Messiah by Candlelight
The Fort Wayne Philharmonic and Chorus will present Handel’s oratorio...
Citilink will not operate on Thanksgiving Day holiday
In observation of the Thanksgiving Day holiday Thursday, November 26,...
Black Friday specials all week long at the Allen County SPCA
Beginning Tuesday and all this week, the Allen County SPCA...
TinCaps: Opening Day tickets go on sale for holidays – today!
Tickets for the TinCaps Opening Day 2016 are set to...
Sculpting a Superior message
A showcase of the arts welcomed residents to Superior Circle...