- FWDC announces job posting for Part-time Graphic Designer
- Allen County Fun Fair events – 7/29/2015
- YWCA Northeast Indiana celebrates 100 Good Men!
- Historic West Main Street Antique Show and Market, Saturday – 8/1/15
- NWS: Showers and thunderstorms possible Wednesday
- City of Fort Wayne: Ardmore Avenue now open
- Added ramp lane project on I-69 at Exit 315 to begin Wednesday, 7/29/2015
- Houk Road re-opened; Rorick Road still closed
- Baby Giraffe makes public debut today at the Zoo
- Early African-American Settlers of the Maumee Valley program tonight
IPFW AdaptoDons to be featured at IU basketball game
News release from IPFW:
IPFW AdaptoDons To Be Featured at IU Basketball Game
(November 20, 2013) – The Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) AdaptoDons, the only tournament-playing, wheelchair-bound basketball team at the collegiate level in Indiana, have been invited to play during halftime at the Indiana University (IU) vs. Butler University women’s basketball game on November 23 at Assembly Hall.
The AdaptoDons are comprised of IPFW students who are living adapted lives. Seven out of the nine-member team are faced with a disability.
Tim Leonard, founder of the AdaptoDons and team captain, said that his reason for starting the AdaptoDons was to “allow an alternative avenue for students to represent their school in sports.”
The message behind the team goes deeper than just basketball. “For all students with disabilitiesAdaptoDons are here to stay and grow. We want to show others that it is okay to be different,” Leonard said. “Follow your dreams and don’t let your disability hold you back.”