- Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo regular season ends Sunday
- USF faculty among outstanding healthcare professionals
- Mad Anthonys Children’s Foundation donates $200,000 to Mad Anthonys Children’s Hope House
- Ayad Al-Shaibani sentenced in Food Stamp Case and ordered to pay $1,714,207.10 in restitution
- NWS: Rain showers tonight, but highs today in the mid to upper 70s
- Amplify Art: Crosswalk Murals
- The Illusionists – Live from Broadway – at the Embassy this Sunday
- IPFW professors bring the undead to life for ‘Soulless Science’ at Science Central
- Residents’ desires for City Utilities Water complete
- Photos and video from Monday’s Parks news conference
Additional Allen County Blood Drive scheduled
News release from the American Red Cross:
Additional Allen County Blood Drive Scheduled
(November 15, 2013) – An additional American Red Cross blood drive will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 26, from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. at Indiana Purdue University at the Science Building, located at 2101 E. Coliseum Blvd. in Fort Wayne. Come to donate and receive a $5 Subway gift card.
How to Donate Blood
To schedule an appointment to donate please call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcross.org for more information. Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental permission in Indiana and Ohio), meet weight and height requirements (110 pounds or more, depending on their height) and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood. Please bring your Red Cross blood donor card or other form of positive ID when you come to donate.
About the American Red Cross
The Indiana-Ohio Blood Services Region serves northern and central Indiana and northwestern Ohio, and needs to collect about 500 units of blood a day to meet patient need in 60 hospitals. The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation’s blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit redcross.org.