- Celebrate Christmas with Concordia Lutheran High School
- What’s happening at the Botanical Conservatory in December
- Nationally recognized domestic violence survivor, Beverly Gooden, to speak
- NWS: Weather will be quiet overnight with lows in the 30s
- Mad Ants spread joy to area organizations through toy donations
- Gera Haus student restaurant has only two serving nights left
- Traffic Advisory for Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert, Thursday, December 3rd
- NWS: Dry and partly cloudy conditions for the rest of today and tonight
- FWPD: Critical Injury Motor Vehicle Accident, Stellhorn Road and Woodway Drive
- NWS: Fog and light rain will exit the area later this morning
Red Claws spoil Mad Ants home opener
News release from the Mad Ants:
Red Claws Spoil Mad Ants Home Opener
(November 29, 2013) – The Maine Red Claws executed a perfect inbounds play with 1.7 seconds remaining to beat the Fort Wayne Mad Ants 92-91 Friday evening in the Allen Country War Memorial Coliseum. Chris Babb led the visiting team with 20 points, and Chris Wright followed up with 19.
Maine was in control of the game throughout much of the game, but the Mad Ants made a late charge with seven minutes left in the fourth quarter. Fort Wayne went on a 14-2 run to get themselves within three points at 87-84 thanks to Ron Howard, who scored six points during that stretch. Anthony Harris then hit two crucial shots — a three pointer and an 18 footer with 1.7 seconds left in the game — to give the Mad Ants a one point game and a chance to steal the game from Maine. But Maine head coach Mike Taylor drew up a perfect alley-oop play for Chris Wright off an inbound play, and the All Star forward slammed it home for the 92-91 victory.
Beside Babb and Wright, Romero Osby scored 19 points and former IPFW star Frank Gaines added 19 points for the Red Claws.
The Mad Ants were led by Ron Howard with 27 points, Olek Czyz with 14, Anthony Harris with 13, and Will Frisby with 10 points.