- Dan Wire to speak at Envision Fort Wayne Center today – 7/30/2015
- TinCaps ReCap: TinCaps turn pitchers’ duel into route
- NWS: Expect dry and mostly sunny weather through Saturday
- Allen County Fun Fair events – 7/30/2015
- Celebration of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 – 8/6/2015
- United Way Day of Caring Volunteers visit FWCS buildings
- Mayor Henry starts the City water flowing
- United Way kicks off 23rd annual Day of Caring with more than 1,250 volunteers
- NWS: Cooler, drier air in the region tonight
- Super Johnny!
Red Claws spoil Mad Ants home opener
News release from the Mad Ants:
Red Claws Spoil Mad Ants Home Opener
(November 29, 2013) – The Maine Red Claws executed a perfect inbounds play with 1.7 seconds remaining to beat the Fort Wayne Mad Ants 92-91 Friday evening in the Allen Country War Memorial Coliseum. Chris Babb led the visiting team with 20 points, and Chris Wright followed up with 19.
Maine was in control of the game throughout much of the game, but the Mad Ants made a late charge with seven minutes left in the fourth quarter. Fort Wayne went on a 14-2 run to get themselves within three points at 87-84 thanks to Ron Howard, who scored six points during that stretch. Anthony Harris then hit two crucial shots — a three pointer and an 18 footer with 1.7 seconds left in the game — to give the Mad Ants a one point game and a chance to steal the game from Maine. But Maine head coach Mike Taylor drew up a perfect alley-oop play for Chris Wright off an inbound play, and the All Star forward slammed it home for the 92-91 victory.
Beside Babb and Wright, Romero Osby scored 19 points and former IPFW star Frank Gaines added 19 points for the Red Claws.
The Mad Ants were led by Ron Howard with 27 points, Olek Czyz with 14, Anthony Harris with 13, and Will Frisby with 10 points.