- NWS: Rain showers tonight, but highs today in the mid to upper 70s
- Amplify Art: Crosswalk Murals
- The Illusionists – Live from Broadway – at the Embassy this Sunday
- IPFW professors bring the undead to life for ‘Soulless Science’ at Science Central
- Residents’ desires for City Utilities Water complete
- Photos and video from Monday’s Parks news conference
- Council candidate Michelle Chambers announces city-wide jobs program
- NWS: Mostly clear skies tonight with patchy fog expected
- Annual Fort Wayne Fire Department Service Awards tonight
- Indiana State Police and INDOT warn drivers to “Move Over”
Red Claws spoil Mad Ants home opener
News release from the Mad Ants:
Red Claws Spoil Mad Ants Home Opener
(November 29, 2013) – The Maine Red Claws executed a perfect inbounds play with 1.7 seconds remaining to beat the Fort Wayne Mad Ants 92-91 Friday evening in the Allen Country War Memorial Coliseum. Chris Babb led the visiting team with 20 points, and Chris Wright followed up with 19.
Maine was in control of the game throughout much of the game, but the Mad Ants made a late charge with seven minutes left in the fourth quarter. Fort Wayne went on a 14-2 run to get themselves within three points at 87-84 thanks to Ron Howard, who scored six points during that stretch. Anthony Harris then hit two crucial shots — a three pointer and an 18 footer with 1.7 seconds left in the game — to give the Mad Ants a one point game and a chance to steal the game from Maine. But Maine head coach Mike Taylor drew up a perfect alley-oop play for Chris Wright off an inbound play, and the All Star forward slammed it home for the 92-91 victory.
Beside Babb and Wright, Romero Osby scored 19 points and former IPFW star Frank Gaines added 19 points for the Red Claws.
The Mad Ants were led by Ron Howard with 27 points, Olek Czyz with 14, Anthony Harris with 13, and Will Frisby with 10 points.