- Concordia’s JROTC team takes 4th in nation at academic bowl
- YWCA Northeast Indiana and Hope House join forces
- Vincent Village dedicates new home funded in part with City HUD dollars
- NWS: Partly cloudy skies tonight
- Street closures for Fourth of July fireworks event
- NWS: Cloud free for the most part with mild temperatures
- TinCaps homestand highlights: July 4-5 at Parkview Field
- TinCaps ReCap: Ernesto Montas and Colby Blueberg blanked Dayton, 1-0
- Ivy Tech Community College Northeast to host Ford and Mustang Show
- City of Fort Wayne – Reminder: City Ordinance prohibits possession of wildlife
Ring in the New Year at Science Central
News release from Science Central:
Ring in the New Year – Science Central style – at the 14th annual Countdown to noon!
(December 5, 2013) – 5-4-3-2-1– Happy Noon Year! If staying up until midnight to ring in the New Year doesn’t interest you, than bring the kids to Science Central on Tuesday, December 31st from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. to celebrate Countdown to Noon. This is the 14th year that Science Central, in collaboration with WAJI Majic 95.1, and sponsorship by Lake City Bank, has provided this family-friendly alternative to New Year’s Eve celebrations.
The event will feature a variety of activity tables and science demonstrations; all focused on traditional New Year’s Eve activities. Children’s activities will include making party hats, noisemakers, and face painting. Visitors will also be able to view city lights around the world on Science Central’s new permanent exhibit, Science On a Sphere.
As the noon hour approaches, visitors will enjoy a brief soda pop toast, and the assembled crowd will countdown the seconds till noon with Science Central’s Executive Director Martin S. Fisher. The festivities will culminate with the annual balloon drop, with nearly 2,000 Lake City Bank balloons cascading down from the ceiling.
Admission is $8 per person, ages 3 and over. Science Central will be open from 10 am to 4 pm on December 31. Members are admitted free.
Science Central, a non-profit 501(c) 3 organization, has provided a hands-on fun learning environment for over 18 years. Through our 120+ exhibits, school tours, distance learning programs and weekend public events, we bring the excitement of science and technology to over 130,000 children and adults annually.
For more information, contact Science Central at 260-424-2400 or visit us on the web at www.sciencecentral.org.