- TinCaps came from behind to win in 14 innings
- NWS: Partly cloudy and not as cool
- IPFW Professor selected for Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program
- Public Works, keeps us moving
- Charles Seals of Fort Wayne sentenced
- Red Cross urges summer donations to prevent seasonal shortage
- Nichols honored with Barnabas Award for her servant heart
- The Grande Page Pipe Organ back on stage June 14
- Fort Wayne Sport Club Kickball Tournament supports Turnstone and TopSoccer
- Greater Fort Wayne Metro Chamber Alliance, Inc. holds annual meeting
Judge Davis named as Chief Judge of the Allen Superior Court for the 2014-2015 term
News release from the Allen Superior Court:
Judge Wendy W. Davis named as Chief Judge of the Allen Superior Court for the 2014-2015 term
(December 20, 2013) – Wendy W. Davis, who is a judge in the Criminal Division of the Allen Superior Court, has been elected Chief Judge by her colleagues on the Superior Court bench for the two-year term that begins on January 1, 2014. She replaces Judge David J. Avery, who has served as Chief Judge for the term that ends on December 31, 2013. Judge Avery will continue his duties as a Judge in the Civil Division.
Judge Davis began her service on the Superior Court bench in 2011, having been elected by the voters of Allen County in the fall of 2010.
The election and the functions of the Chief Judge of the Allen Superior Court are specified in the Indiana Code, IC 33-33-2-30.
“I look forward to the opportunity to serve the public, my colleagues on the bench, and other elected officials in local and state government in my role as Chief Judge,” Davis said. “These are challenging times for judges and courts, in terms of budget, caseload and the deployment of technology to improve the efficiency, promptness and accessibility of the judicial system.”