- NWS: Expect decreasing clouds tonight
- NWS: Rain will continue through much of today
- Team chosen to lead engineering and design work for riverfront promenade
- NWS: Rain will slowly move into the area tonight with lows in the lower 50s
- FWFD: Building Fire, 2208 South Lafayette Street
- NWS: Thanksgiving will be cloudy, damp and much warmer than normal
- FWFD: Building Fire, 1336 Goshen Avenue
- County establishes employee recognition program
- Avfuel expands network with Fort Wayne Aero Center (KFWA)
- The Fort Wayne Philharmonic and Chorus present Messiah by Candlelight
Judge Davis named as Chief Judge of the Allen Superior Court for the 2014-2015 term
News release from the Allen Superior Court:
Judge Wendy W. Davis named as Chief Judge of the Allen Superior Court for the 2014-2015 term
(December 20, 2013) – Wendy W. Davis, who is a judge in the Criminal Division of the Allen Superior Court, has been elected Chief Judge by her colleagues on the Superior Court bench for the two-year term that begins on January 1, 2014. She replaces Judge David J. Avery, who has served as Chief Judge for the term that ends on December 31, 2013. Judge Avery will continue his duties as a Judge in the Civil Division.
Judge Davis began her service on the Superior Court bench in 2011, having been elected by the voters of Allen County in the fall of 2010.
The election and the functions of the Chief Judge of the Allen Superior Court are specified in the Indiana Code, IC 33-33-2-30.
“I look forward to the opportunity to serve the public, my colleagues on the bench, and other elected officials in local and state government in my role as Chief Judge,” Davis said. “These are challenging times for judges and courts, in terms of budget, caseload and the deployment of technology to improve the efficiency, promptness and accessibility of the judicial system.”