- Team chosen to lead engineering and design work for riverfront promenade
- NWS: Rain will slowly move into the area tonight with lows in the lower 50s
- FWFD: Building Fire, 2208 South Lafayette Street
- NWS: Thanksgiving will be cloudy, damp and much warmer than normal
- FWFD: Building Fire, 1336 Goshen Avenue
- County establishes employee recognition program
- Avfuel expands network with Fort Wayne Aero Center (KFWA)
- The Fort Wayne Philharmonic and Chorus present Messiah by Candlelight
- Citilink will not operate on Thanksgiving Day holiday
- Black Friday specials all week long at the Allen County SPCA
Updated: Winter Weather Advisory until 4 pm Thursday
Updated Winter Weather Advisory from the National Weather Service:
URGENT – WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA
424 AM EST WED JAN 1 2014
…ANOTHER ROUND OF SNOWFALL EXPECTED LATER TODAY…
BANDS OF MODERATE SNOW WILL CONTINUE TO WEAKEN AND TAPER OFF THROUGH THE MORNING BUT ANOTHER ROUND OF SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP THIS AFTERNOON AND PERSIST INTO THURSDAY. MODERATE SNOW WILL REDEVELOP NORTHWEST OF A KNOX TO HILLSDALE MICHIGAN LINE THIS AFTERNOON AND GRADUALLY SHIFT SOUTHEASTWARD THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING. 3 TO 5 INCHES OF ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATION IS EXPECTED ACROSS THE ENTIRE AREA.
THOSE TRAVELING IN THE ADVISORY AREA TODAY AND EARLY TOMORROW SHOULD BE PREPARED TO ENCOUNTER HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS.
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM EST /3 PM CST/ THURSDAY…
THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM EST /3 PM CST/ THURSDAY.
* AFTER A BRIEF LULL THIS MORNING…MODERATE SNOW WILL REDEVELOP THIS AFTERNOON AND CONTINUE THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING.
* ADDITIONAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED TO RANGE FROM 2 TO 5 INCHES. COMBINED WITH SNOW THAT HAS ALREADY FALLEN…THIS WILL LEAD TO STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 10 INCHES ACROSS NORTHWEST INDIANA AND SOUTHWEST LOWER MICHIGAN.
* ROADS WILL BE SNOW COVERED…SLICK…AND HAZARDOUS THIS AFTERNOON AND INTO THURSDAY. VISIBILITIES WILL ALSO BE LIMITED. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL ACROSS THE AREA DIFFICULT.
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES…AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.