- FWPD: Critical Injury Accident, 1600 block of High Street
- Dense Fog Advisory just north of us, potential to develop in our area later this morning
- TinCaps ReCap: TinCaps lose but clinch playoff spot
- Country Fest ’15 early bird ticket price ends tomorrow
- 98.9 The Bear Birthday Bash – 9/18/2015
- Fort Wayne students to host Fields of Faith event – 9/23/2015
- IPFW Career Services unveils IPFW Career Fair Plus app
- NWS: Partly cloudy overnight with lows in the low to mid 60s
- Women’s Economic Opportunity Center for Indiana opening in Fort Wayne
- TinCaps’ Taylor Cox receives MiLB Stars of Tomorrow Scholarship
Paula Hughes interview
I’ve been holding this interview I completed (April 15, 2010) with Allen County Council President Paula Hughes until the next County Council meeting which is today.
One of the new procedures the County Council has undertaken is a “Consent Calendar”. This is something that has been kicked around on the City Council since the inception of the current term.
One of the reasons for the interview was some misconceptions of the Consent Calendar voiced by a former candidate for County Council. The comments characterized a Consent Calendar as being anything by “open government”. Quite the opposite is true.
The other part of the interview concerned Paula’s proposal that the City and County, “take care of business” when co-locating in the Renaissance Square building.