- NWS: Scattered showers and thunderstorms to diminish tonight
- TinCaps came from behind to win in 14 innings
- NWS: Partly cloudy and not as cool
- IPFW Professor selected for Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program
- Public Works, keeps us moving
- Charles Seals of Fort Wayne sentenced
- Red Cross urges summer donations to prevent seasonal shortage
- Nichols honored with Barnabas Award for her servant heart
- The Grande Page Pipe Organ back on stage June 14
- Fort Wayne Sport Club Kickball Tournament supports Turnstone and TopSoccer
Paula Hughes interview
I’ve been holding this interview I completed (April 15, 2010) with Allen County Council President Paula Hughes until the next County Council meeting which is today.
One of the new procedures the County Council has undertaken is a “Consent Calendar”. This is something that has been kicked around on the City Council since the inception of the current term.
One of the reasons for the interview was some misconceptions of the Consent Calendar voiced by a former candidate for County Council. The comments characterized a Consent Calendar as being anything by “open government”. Quite the opposite is true.
The other part of the interview concerned Paula’s proposal that the City and County, “take care of business” when co-locating in the Renaissance Square building.