- INDOT publishes Indiana Public Transit Annual Report
- Steve Gansey returns to Fort Wayne as Mad Ants Head Coach
- Animal Care & Control to hold 28th Annual Walk for Animals
- Stop the spread of a zombie apocalypse at Science Central’s upcoming adult-only event
- Remaining eastbound lane of I-469 lane to close overnight Sunday, October 4th
- USF rewarding artistic talent with scholarships on Talent Scholarship Day
- NWS: Occasional rain should end across our area tonight
- Rake time: Neighborhood leaf collection starts October 19th
- FWFD: House Fire, 2602 Mauldin Drive
- FWPD: Domestic Battery/Barricaded Suspect Investigation, 400 block of East Wayne Street
Fort Wayne Curling Club to host third annual Summerspiel at Lutheran Health SportsCenter
News release from Visit Fort Wayne:
Fort Wayne Curling Club to Host Third Annual Summerspiel at Lutheran Health SportsCenter
Back by popular demand, the Fort Wayne Curling Club is set to host its Third Annual Summerspiel at the Lutheran Health SportsCenter from August 17-19.
Tournament play runs August 17-18 from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., while the championship match and closing ceremony will start at 2:45 p.m. on August 19.
The growing event will feature three competitive divisions of curling – elite, open and five years or less. Approximately 200 participants and their families will be in Fort Wayne this weekend, with attendees visiting the Summit City from as far as California to Washington D.C and Canada.
A few of curling’s most recognized names will participate in the event, notably Olympian Debbie McCormick, former US National Champion Erika Brown, World Junior Championship competitor Korey Dropkin, and former US Curling Association Male Athlete of the Year Stephen Dropkin.
Away from the ice, the group will be visiting many of Fort Wayne’s sites and attractions, including Parkview Field, Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo, Glenbrook Mall, Allen County Public Library and area restaurants.
Admission to the three-day event is free. This is a great opportunity for Fort Wayne and surrounding area citizens to get a first-hand look at the evolving game of curling.
For more information about the, please visit or .
Previous Summerspiel video clips:
On the web: