- Main break closes two lanes of Lafayette Street
- Donate blood through the Red Cross in final weeks of summer
- Rorick Road remains closed
- McMillen Park Pool closed
- Local government proposed budgets on web
- Photos and video from FWFD announcement of hiring of 15 new firefighters
- Do it Best announces retirement of Bob Taylor, names Dan Starr President and CEO
- Bowser Park
- NWS: Clear skies, low humidity tonight
- Parkview Warsaw celebrates progress
Fort Wayne Curling Club to host third annual Summerspiel at Lutheran Health SportsCenter
News release from Visit Fort Wayne:
Fort Wayne Curling Club to Host Third Annual Summerspiel at Lutheran Health SportsCenter
Back by popular demand, the Fort Wayne Curling Club is set to host its Third Annual Summerspiel at the Lutheran Health SportsCenter from August 17-19.
Tournament play runs August 17-18 from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., while the championship match and closing ceremony will start at 2:45 p.m. on August 19.
The growing event will feature three competitive divisions of curling – elite, open and five years or less. Approximately 200 participants and their families will be in Fort Wayne this weekend, with attendees visiting the Summit City from as far as California to Washington D.C and Canada.
A few of curling’s most recognized names will participate in the event, notably Olympian Debbie McCormick, former US National Champion Erika Brown, World Junior Championship competitor Korey Dropkin, and former US Curling Association Male Athlete of the Year Stephen Dropkin.
Away from the ice, the group will be visiting many of Fort Wayne’s sites and attractions, including Parkview Field, Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo, Glenbrook Mall, Allen County Public Library and area restaurants.
Admission to the three-day event is free. This is a great opportunity for Fort Wayne and surrounding area citizens to get a first-hand look at the evolving game of curling.
For more information about the, please visit or .
Previous Summerspiel video clips:
On the web: