- NWS: Scattered showers and thunderstorms to diminish tonight
- TinCaps came from behind to win in 14 innings
- NWS: Partly cloudy and not as cool
- IPFW Professor selected for Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program
- Public Works, keeps us moving
- Charles Seals of Fort Wayne sentenced
- Red Cross urges summer donations to prevent seasonal shortage
- Nichols honored with Barnabas Award for her servant heart
- The Grande Page Pipe Organ back on stage June 14
- Fort Wayne Sport Club Kickball Tournament supports Turnstone and TopSoccer
Fort Wayne Curling Club to host third annual Summerspiel at Lutheran Health SportsCenter
News release from Visit Fort Wayne:
Fort Wayne Curling Club to Host Third Annual Summerspiel at Lutheran Health SportsCenter
Back by popular demand, the Fort Wayne Curling Club is set to host its Third Annual Summerspiel at the Lutheran Health SportsCenter from August 17-19.
Tournament play runs August 17-18 from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., while the championship match and closing ceremony will start at 2:45 p.m. on August 19.
The growing event will feature three competitive divisions of curling – elite, open and five years or less. Approximately 200 participants and their families will be in Fort Wayne this weekend, with attendees visiting the Summit City from as far as California to Washington D.C and Canada.
A few of curling’s most recognized names will participate in the event, notably Olympian Debbie McCormick, former US National Champion Erika Brown, World Junior Championship competitor Korey Dropkin, and former US Curling Association Male Athlete of the Year Stephen Dropkin.
Away from the ice, the group will be visiting many of Fort Wayne’s sites and attractions, including Parkview Field, Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo, Glenbrook Mall, Allen County Public Library and area restaurants.
Admission to the three-day event is free. This is a great opportunity for Fort Wayne and surrounding area citizens to get a first-hand look at the evolving game of curling.
For more information about the, please visit or .
Previous Summerspiel video clips:
On the web: