- TinCaps ReCap: 17-game home winning streak ends
- Ivy Tech Northeast to host American Heart Association Heart Walk – 9/12/2015
- Ivy Tech Northeast to host USMC car show – 9/12/2015
- NWS: Scattered showers and thunderstorms expected this weekend
- Parks and Recreation Department announces promotions
- FWPD: Sting operation nets arrests
- Leadership Fort Wayne class launches “Operation: Riverfront”
- Riverfront activities tonight and Sunday
- FWPD: Report of gunshots, 3500 block of Gaywood Drive
- NWS: Partly cloudy today with highs in the mid to upper 70s
Mad Ants acquire Tony Mitchell
News release from the Mad Ants:
Mad Ants Acquire Tony Mitchell
The Fort Wayne Mad Ants announced today that they have acquired 6’8” forward, Tony Mitchell. To make room for Tony on the roster, the Mad Ants have waived forward, Jason Warren.
Mitchell played three years for the University of Alabama and averaged 13.1 points and 7 rebounds per game during his junior year before declaring as an early entrant for the NBA Draft. He went undrafted, but was invited to play with the Sacramento Kings for the NBA summer league. After a successful summer league, the Kings invited Mitchell to their veteran training camp, where he was one of their final cuts.
Mitchell will be in uniform tonight as the Mad Ants take on the Canton Charge at 7:00pm at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum.