- TinCaps came from behind to win in 14 innings
- NWS: Partly cloudy and not as cool
- IPFW Professor selected for Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program
- Public Works, keeps us moving
- Charles Seals of Fort Wayne sentenced
- Red Cross urges summer donations to prevent seasonal shortage
- Nichols honored with Barnabas Award for her servant heart
- The Grande Page Pipe Organ back on stage June 14
- Fort Wayne Sport Club Kickball Tournament supports Turnstone and TopSoccer
- Greater Fort Wayne Metro Chamber Alliance, Inc. holds annual meeting
Mad Ants acquire Tony Mitchell
News release from the Mad Ants:
Mad Ants Acquire Tony Mitchell
The Fort Wayne Mad Ants announced today that they have acquired 6’8” forward, Tony Mitchell. To make room for Tony on the roster, the Mad Ants have waived forward, Jason Warren.
Mitchell played three years for the University of Alabama and averaged 13.1 points and 7 rebounds per game during his junior year before declaring as an early entrant for the NBA Draft. He went undrafted, but was invited to play with the Sacramento Kings for the NBA summer league. After a successful summer league, the Kings invited Mitchell to their veteran training camp, where he was one of their final cuts.
Mitchell will be in uniform tonight as the Mad Ants take on the Canton Charge at 7:00pm at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum.