- TinCaps ReCap: TinCaps sweep Dayton Dragons
- New plans to be released at My City Summit for Quimby Village
- Mother of three to receive recycled ride at TinCaps Game Friday – 7/31/2015
- FWPD: New property form to help protect victims of burglary and theft
- NWS: Another clear night expected
- Jeff Van Slyke named general manager of Fort Wayne Aero Center
- Residents of eight northwest Ohio counties now eligible for in-state tuition at IPFW
- Changes come to annual LeftFest Celebration – 8/13/2015
- Mayor Henry leads walk in Concordia Gardens neighborhood
- Allen County SPCA receives $5,000 grant to fund outreach from PetSmart, Inc.
Mad Ants acquire Tony Mitchell
News release from the Mad Ants:
Mad Ants Acquire Tony Mitchell
The Fort Wayne Mad Ants announced today that they have acquired 6’8” forward, Tony Mitchell. To make room for Tony on the roster, the Mad Ants have waived forward, Jason Warren.
Mitchell played three years for the University of Alabama and averaged 13.1 points and 7 rebounds per game during his junior year before declaring as an early entrant for the NBA Draft. He went undrafted, but was invited to play with the Sacramento Kings for the NBA summer league. After a successful summer league, the Kings invited Mitchell to their veteran training camp, where he was one of their final cuts.
Mitchell will be in uniform tonight as the Mad Ants take on the Canton Charge at 7:00pm at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum.