- TinCaps came from behind to win in 14 innings
- NWS: Partly cloudy and not as cool
- IPFW Professor selected for Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program
- Public Works, keeps us moving
- Charles Seals of Fort Wayne sentenced
- Red Cross urges summer donations to prevent seasonal shortage
- Nichols honored with Barnabas Award for her servant heart
- The Grande Page Pipe Organ back on stage June 14
- Fort Wayne Sport Club Kickball Tournament supports Turnstone and TopSoccer
- Greater Fort Wayne Metro Chamber Alliance, Inc. holds annual meeting
Critical Injury Vehicle Accident, 6900 W Jefferson Blvd.
News release from the Fort Wayne Police Department:
Critical Injury Vehicle Acciddent, 6900 Jefferson Blvd. w
Date/Time of Incident: February 7, 2013/9:43pm
Location of Incident: 6900 W.Jefferson Blvd/Southbend Dr.
Victim: Young Male, Serious Condition
On February 7, 2013 at 9:43pm Officer of the Fort Wayne Police Department responded to a party pinned vehicle accident that occurred on W. Jefferson Blvd. at the intersection of Southbend Dr. Preliminary investigation indicates that a black Chevy Cavalier was traveling East Bound on W. Jefferson. The Cavalier attempted to pass another vehicle that was going East Bound and lost control fish tailing into a guard rail. The drivers side of the vehicle struck the guard rail pinning the driver inside. The Fort Wayne Fire Department made the scene and extracted the driver.
The driver was taken to a local hospital in critical condition by medics. While at the hospital the driver was upgraded to serious condition. It is believed at this time that weather was a factor. The light rain, fog, and mist contributed to the visibility being only 5 miles; along with slick roadway conditions.
This accident is being investigated by the Fatal Alcohol Crash Team (F.A.C.T).
Assisting Agencies: TRAA, Fort Wayne Fire Department