- County establishes employee recognition program
- Avfuel expands network with Fort Wayne Aero Center (KFWA)
- The Fort Wayne Philharmonic and Chorus present Messiah by Candlelight
- Citilink will not operate on Thanksgiving Day holiday
- Black Friday specials all week long at the Allen County SPCA
- TinCaps: Opening Day tickets go on sale for holidays – today!
- Sculpting a Superior message
- NWS: Mostly sunny today with highs in the lower 50s
- State’s first Diverging Diamond receives engineering award
- FWPD: Critical Traffic Accident, Paulding and Hessen Cassel Roads
Rain, freezing rain, ice and snow today
Latest from the National Weather Service:
URGENT – WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA
443 AM EST TUE FEB 26 2013
…WINTRY MIX EXPECTED TODAY AND TONIGHT…
A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM CURRENTLY MOVING INTO THE OHIO VALLEY WILL BRING A WINTRY MIX OF SNOW…SLEET…AND FREEZING RAIN TO PORTIONS OF NORTHERN INDIANA AND NORTHWEST OHIO TODAY. THIS WINTRY WEATHER WILL SPREAD FROM SOUTH TO NORTH LATER THIS MORNING. THE PRECIPITATION SHOULD BE MOSTLY SNOW OVER SOUTHERN LOWER MICHIGAN BUT A BRIEF MIX OF SLEET OR FREEZING RAIN IS POSSIBLE THERE AS WELL. LIGHT ICE ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED OVER NORTHERN INDIANA AND NORTHWEST OHIO WITH THE BEST CHANCE FOR MODERATE SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OVER SOUTHERN MICHIGAN. SURFACE TEMPERATURES SHOULD RISE ABOVE FREEZING OVER MUCH OF NORTHWEST OHIO AND NORTHERN INDIANA BY THIS AFTERNOON…ALLOWING FROZEN PRECIPITATION TO CHANGEOVER TO RAIN.
THIS LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL LINGER OVER THE AREA THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT BRINGING THE CHANCE FOR MORE SNOW. HOWEVER…ANY ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATIONS TOMORROW ARE EXPECTED TO BE LIGHT.
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM TO 3 PM EST TODAY…
* ICE ACCUMULATIONS LESS THAN A QUARTER OF AN INCH ARE EXPECTED TODAY.
* PERIODS OF SNOW ARE ALSO EXPECTED WITH 1 TO 4 INCHES OF ACCUMULATION.
* TRAVEL LATER THIS MORNING INTO THE EARLY AFTERNOON WILL LIKELY BE HAMPERED BY THE WINTRY WEATHER.
* LIGHT ICE ACCUMULATIONS ON TREES AND POWER LINES MAY CAUSE POWER OUTAGES OVER NORTHERN INDIANA AND NORTHWEST OHIO.
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES…AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING. THE SNOW MAY BE MIXED WITH SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN OVER NORTHERN INDIANA AND NORTHWEST OHIO.
About Stephen ParkerStephen Parker is the blogmaster for AroundFortWayne.com. He believes that everyone should have access to information, interviews, and videos of events that are, "Straight from the source". When not blogging, he enjoys outdoor activities in his adopted home, Fort Wayne Indiana. He moved here in late 1989 and hasn't looked back.
County establishes employee recognition program
The Allen County Board of Commissioners today announced a new...
Avfuel expands network with Fort Wayne Aero Center (KFWA)
Avfuel Corporation is proud to announce Fort Wayne Aero Center...
The Fort Wayne Philharmonic and Chorus present Messiah by Candlelight
The Fort Wayne Philharmonic and Chorus will present Handel’s oratorio...
Citilink will not operate on Thanksgiving Day holiday
In observation of the Thanksgiving Day holiday Thursday, November 26,...
Black Friday specials all week long at the Allen County SPCA
Beginning Tuesday and all this week, the Allen County SPCA...
TinCaps: Opening Day tickets go on sale for holidays – today!
Tickets for the TinCaps Opening Day 2016 are set to...
Sculpting a Superior message
A showcase of the arts welcomed residents to Superior Circle...