- TinCaps came from behind to win in 14 innings
- NWS: Partly cloudy and not as cool
- IPFW Professor selected for Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program
- Public Works, keeps us moving
- Charles Seals of Fort Wayne sentenced
- Red Cross urges summer donations to prevent seasonal shortage
- Nichols honored with Barnabas Award for her servant heart
- The Grande Page Pipe Organ back on stage June 14
- Fort Wayne Sport Club Kickball Tournament supports Turnstone and TopSoccer
- Greater Fort Wayne Metro Chamber Alliance, Inc. holds annual meeting
Rain, freezing rain, ice and snow today
Latest from the National Weather Service:
URGENT – WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA
443 AM EST TUE FEB 26 2013
…WINTRY MIX EXPECTED TODAY AND TONIGHT…
A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM CURRENTLY MOVING INTO THE OHIO VALLEY WILL BRING A WINTRY MIX OF SNOW…SLEET…AND FREEZING RAIN TO PORTIONS OF NORTHERN INDIANA AND NORTHWEST OHIO TODAY. THIS WINTRY WEATHER WILL SPREAD FROM SOUTH TO NORTH LATER THIS MORNING. THE PRECIPITATION SHOULD BE MOSTLY SNOW OVER SOUTHERN LOWER MICHIGAN BUT A BRIEF MIX OF SLEET OR FREEZING RAIN IS POSSIBLE THERE AS WELL. LIGHT ICE ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED OVER NORTHERN INDIANA AND NORTHWEST OHIO WITH THE BEST CHANCE FOR MODERATE SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OVER SOUTHERN MICHIGAN. SURFACE TEMPERATURES SHOULD RISE ABOVE FREEZING OVER MUCH OF NORTHWEST OHIO AND NORTHERN INDIANA BY THIS AFTERNOON…ALLOWING FROZEN PRECIPITATION TO CHANGEOVER TO RAIN.
THIS LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL LINGER OVER THE AREA THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT BRINGING THE CHANCE FOR MORE SNOW. HOWEVER…ANY ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATIONS TOMORROW ARE EXPECTED TO BE LIGHT.
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM TO 3 PM EST TODAY…
* ICE ACCUMULATIONS LESS THAN A QUARTER OF AN INCH ARE EXPECTED TODAY.
* PERIODS OF SNOW ARE ALSO EXPECTED WITH 1 TO 4 INCHES OF ACCUMULATION.
* TRAVEL LATER THIS MORNING INTO THE EARLY AFTERNOON WILL LIKELY BE HAMPERED BY THE WINTRY WEATHER.
* LIGHT ICE ACCUMULATIONS ON TREES AND POWER LINES MAY CAUSE POWER OUTAGES OVER NORTHERN INDIANA AND NORTHWEST OHIO.
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES…AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING. THE SNOW MAY BE MIXED WITH SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN OVER NORTHERN INDIANA AND NORTHWEST OHIO.